Looking for another series...... Any suggestions?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:12 pm

Inuyasha
59%
Yu Yu Hakusho
41%

Total votes: 17

dbzredneck
Senpai - Elder

Looking for another series...... Any suggestions?

Post by dbzredneck »

I've been a fan of the whole Dragonball series for many years now, and now i've decided to broaden my horizon with a new one. I would like any suggestions to a new series, but don't get me wrong i'll still be very active with Dragonball for many years to come. I'm considering Inuyasha since my nephews watch it all the time. I catch myself glued to the TV everytime it's on. When it's over I even stick around to listen to the end credits music, which my girlfriend pokes fun of me for listening to. But heh, what can I say it's a catchy tune, isn't it? I was also thinking of Yu Yu Hakusho, so I will have a poll for those two to start off. Any other suggestions I will add to the poll. I however, will not let this new series interfere with my DBZ collecting. DBZ is still #1, and will always be in my book. Anyways, let the suggestions roll in.
hanaeleh
Senpai - Elder

Post by hanaeleh »

I went from DBZ to YYH... it had a lot of similarities. Still, I think that if you're already into Inuyasha, why bother going away from a good thing?

Both are great IMO. I wouldn't see it as a bad thing to watch BOTH. :D
"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Cels for Sale!!
http://www.hanaeleh.com/cels/celgallery.html
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I've heard that YYH is similar to DBZ (never actually seen either, myself). But IY has a great plot and is classic Rumiko Takahashi. Here's a way to solve your problem: watch both! :P
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

As much as I like IY *, I think YYH is a great series to go into after DBZ /no1

:roll: * Besides I watch IY for biased, shallow reasons...
(mmm :love2 Kouga sama :love2 ... :drool )
maybe one day a breeze will shoot his loin cloth up an...er...... :flasher: ANYWAYS.. as I was saying... YYH would definetely be my choice for ya!
:jump
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

I have to vote for Inuyasha, since I am such a IY freak. I don't seem to get tired of watch most episodes over and over again.

I've seen all of Inuyasha without hesitation and was always anxiously waiting for the next episode, where I've kind of wavered on YYH. When YYH was interrupted on CN, I dl'd the rest of Dark Tournament Saga, but didn't have that overwhelming desire to have to go on to the next one like I did for DBZ and IY. Now that it's back on CN, I'm watching it again. Maybe it's just me, but I think IY has more of a storyline and I love character interaction and of course, there's always Sesshomaru. However, if you're more into the fighting and action similar to DBZ, you might want to go with YYH.

The alternative is you should watch both, they are both worth watching.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
RX78GP02AGUNDAM
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Hajime no Ippo

Post by RX78GP02AGUNDAM »

From the two I had to choose from, I voted for YYH.

But, I'd like to recommend Hajime No Ippo (Fighting Spirit). It has a simple story, but well developed characters.... It's about who's Number 1.
If you like the DBZ fight scenes, this series will TOP it. Most everyone I recommended this series to were pulled into it...of which none of those who had any boxing interest. It's definitely worth a try. To broaden your horizens, check out Japan's sports related manga. Its the best.

Here's a link to check out some video clips. The latest clip is from the TV special from 2003, the others are the OP and ED themes to the TV series.

http://www.vap.co.jp/ippo/

Another plus side, you can still collect cels from this series at a fairly reasonable price.

RX
Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

i vote for inuyasha. although ive only seen a couple eps of YYH, i agree with AO; INU seems to have the power to hold you for the whole episode and leaving you wanting more.
but id definitly put Naruto on the short list... and Full Metal Alchemist aswell. :wink:

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi
SS Kakarot
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by SS Kakarot »

I have to go with YYH, since it's more like DBZ then IY.
I realy like YYH, I even have a Cel from it. :^^:
But nothing is better then DBZ, in my opinion.
"The Dragonball Cel King" - celgami (05-05-04)
My Cel Galleries & Board:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com/
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

FMA - Is a great series - takes a little while to get into it - but I love it! So funny in places!!!

Naruto is another one which takes a little while to kick in - but that is due to back story - charcter building - so when dramatic things eventually happen they hold a lot more wait - that's another on I love!!!!
...just one more
Govogeta
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Govogeta »

Out of those I would go with IY. Nothing agaisnt YYH, I just never
really got into that much X| Some others that might be worth watching
could include, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, X and the list goes on etc....
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Really nothing?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
rayd
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rayd »

Majin_Vegeta_2028 wrote: but id definitly put Naruto on the short list... and Full Metal Alchemist aswell. :wink:
I have to agree with Majin, My bet would be Full Metal Alchemist then Naruto if your following up DB. Yet the other two are more familiar and also good follow ups, but i would choose the former. /gawi
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

I'm with the others who said watching both YYH and IY would be worth your while. I think you would like them both ... but, I also think you already like Inu Yasha, so you can't go wrong if you start watching it. :wink:

I haven't seen all of YYH or IY, but I really love them both. YYH, to me, has a lot more in common with DBZ, because it has that same fighting look and feel to it. To me, the artwork was very similar, too ... but others might think I'm nuts for thinking that way. The artwork in IY is very different, but it's beautiful, and the characters are fabulous, as is the story. So ... either way, you've got a winner!

Hmmm --- YYH, IY, DBZ ... could I have used any more initials in this post? :? ... PN (probably not :) )
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.

Bevhippy
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Bevhippy »

I voted for YYH partly because I haven't seen IY but YYH is a great series and it is really funny lots of combat but it is done in a different style to DBZ. The first few episodes can be a bit dull in places though.
It is also by Togashi who is responsibe for my favourite Anime Hunter X Hunter which I highly recommend.
Depressed beyond tablets,
Bored beyond pills!!!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Never heard of him.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)