Hmmm... *stares at pint mug* Here's a question...

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

Cat stepped in your drink. What next?

Ewwwwwwwww. :P
75%
Mmmmmmmmmm.
25%

Total votes: 24

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What you said was either too complex for me.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
tkngrl
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by tkngrl »

Heh, my cat used to stick his paw into a cup and flick whatever liquid was in there around randomly for amusement. Did I drink it afterwards? Nope, and for the same reason I wouldn't drink something if someone else's hair was in it.

On a related note, would you eat/drink something if your cat had managed to sneak in take a bite/lick of it already?
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Not purposefully, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's happened a bunch of times without my being aware of it! :P

Kitty litter, though... I spend enough time with my nose way too close to that stuff to want to even consider the idea of it going into me, used... :x
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Toss it. Believe you me, if I only described what can be found on your cat or dog, whether it be paw, nose, or butt, you'd puke. Taking classes in medical microbiology and parasitology changes one's life. X|

You'll never look at your pet the same again. Oh, and it may sadden some of you dog lovers, but you shouldn't let your dog lick your face. Very bad bacteria and parasites teem in their saliva that can make you very ill. :(
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Much as I would love to be very cavalier and say "nah ... don't be silly ... of course I would drink it"! The truth is, if the cat had stepped in it, the ewww factor would get the better of me and I'd toss it.

As for the question of eating after the cat (or dog) has taken a bite or a lick ... no way. Just the thought gives me heebeejeebies. I used to let my dog lick my face ... but, now that I'm a mom, I can't stand the thought of him licking my little daughter. Every time he does, I have to wash her face. How is that for a total about-face.

Uh ... no pun intended there ... X|
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I'm a bias dog lover. Toss it! And what I mean by my first comment is . . . if my dog did what your cat did, I'd drink it anyway. I think it's because I want to believe I know where my dog's been and what he's been doing. Plus I clean him and brush his teeth, etc, so I want to believe it would be fine. I'm sure ES would disagree but I view doggie spit the same as human spit. I'll only accept the ones I know and love. :dgrin

Certainly don't want to sound like a cat hater. I've just cat sat for enough people to know for me they're fun to play with as long as they go back to their owners at the end of the day.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
evilminion
Senpai - Elder

Post by evilminion »

The thing about owning cats is that there is no such thing as a truly untainted dinner. If you can find a meal without a single cat hair anywhere in it -- no cat hair on the dining table, no cat hair on the napkins, no cat hair anywhere -- then I guarantee you're dining in a non-cat home. :wink:

Looking at my computer keyboard right now, which gets a lot of usage and should therefore be free of loose debris, I nonetheless count... six cat hairs. There's one sticking by force of static to the monitor. I certainly could never count how many are on this chair, but that's at least because the boys sit here when I'm downstairs. The rest of it is airborne, and any little breeze spreads it from wherever the little bastards happen to be to all other points of the house. So it's safe to say that I'm dealing with cat germs 24/7.

Still, there was just something, I dunno, above-and-beyond about watching that whole cat leg plonk down in my mug.

Tonight, I am having a nice little glass of sake, and the cats are locked out of my office. Lesson learned.

:cat
He who dies with the biggest mech... obviously needed a bigger mech.
http://www.evilminion.com/ - anime cel gallery
hanaeleh
Senpai - Elder

Post by hanaeleh »

Hmm... looks at keyboard... no cat hair... but then, the cat is banned from the tables, counters and my desk, so I guess that's to be expected. She's actually surprisingly good at keeping off things, unlike my friend's cats, who regularly shred anything left out. :evil:

As far as the cat paw in the drink... I'd say you'd have been best off making yourself a new one... just safer that way. Although I have to admit, if it were my third or fourth drink, I probably would just drink it regardless. :P
"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Cels for Sale!!
http://www.hanaeleh.com/cels/celgallery.html
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

As far as the cat paw in the drink... I'd say you'd have been best off making yourself a new one... just safer that way. Although I have to admit, if it were my third or fourth drink, I probably would just drink it regardless.
I feel the same...if it was the first one, it would get tossed, but if it would have been the 3rd or 4th...I wouldn't bother or care.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

evilminion wrote: Still, there was just something, I dunno, above-and-beyond about watching that whole cat leg plonk down in my mug.

:cat
So... what WAS the resolution of the very perfect screwdriver? (Mmmm haven't had one of those in years) :^^:
Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

tkngrl wrote:On a related note, would you eat/drink something if your cat had managed to sneak in take a bite/lick of it already?
yep, i share my glass of water with my cat all the time. he also manages to steal some of my ice cream aswell.
'Minion wrote:The thing about owning cats is that there is no such thing as a truly untainted dinner. If you can find a meal without a single cat hair anywhere in it -- no cat hair on the dining table, no cat hair on the napkins, no cat hair anywhere -- then I guarantee you're dining in a non-cat home.
ill second that, especially with my cat. with all the hair he sheds, youd think he'd have no hair left.

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I am not sure about your hypothesis. I would suggest a search. Are you using Netscape or Explorer?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
evilminion
Senpai - Elder

Post by evilminion »

Ahhhhh, that's all part of cat physics. The more hair they shed, the more they have to shed. :D

As for the screwdriver, it was regarded with some suspicion, checked in vain for any particulate matter, determined that if I pretended I hadn't seen it, all would be well, and duly consumed.

As MV also says, the cats have often shared a glass of water or the odd bit of sandwich with me. Since they didn't introduce any, um, foreign matter into my drink, I figured a few more cat germs wouldn't make much of a difference.

Nonetheless, precautions will be taken in future to ensure a feline-free libation.
He who dies with the biggest mech... obviously needed a bigger mech.
http://www.evilminion.com/ - anime cel gallery
30frames
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by 30frames »

Oh for cryin' out loud...

It's a drink.
An ALCOHOLIC drink!

And what kills germs better than alcohol?!?
I assume it also works on nasty cat-pan paws.
If you don't want it, I'll drink it.

BTW - this tops my story about my ginger tom sitting in a pan of sweet potato souffle a few Thanksgivings ago. What a mess. :cat
Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: The Post Katrina Big Easy, Not quite as big but still just as easy.

Post by Lynxa »

Wow, I can't believe it took you that long to decide to drink it!!! Obviously you're not the woman I thought you were. :nya:

Living with a dog that sheds his weight in body hair EVERY DAY, I've learned to stop being so squeamish of little things like a paw or two. :D I've probably eaten an entire pug's worth of hair.

As long as there weren't any chunks floating in it, I'd have gone for it! (But, let's be honest, I've drank a lot worse during Mardi Gras....and that's just the ones I remember! :emb )

Besides, think of all the people you've ever kissed. A dog or cat's mouth is WAAAAAAYYYYY cleaner than a human's! We have the dirtiest mouths in creation! :rollin

:buds:
Chzbrgr of Doom Better than the show at this point.