I guess somebody had to ask!

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
shellie
Gundam Geek

I guess somebody had to ask!

Post by shellie »

What was the deal earlier today? Did the site get hacked, or was there a little miscommunication going on with the host that made us go off the air for awhile? Whatever the problem, I'm soooo glad we're back on-line! I felt so disconnected there for awhile! Thanks to whomever got us all back together. :)
Last edited by shellie on Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Let me echo the gratitude, Shellie! I was having major withdrawal over here ... the shakes, hallucinations, the whole bit. :? X| :P

OK ... so maybe not that bad ... but I did so miss my Beta! So, so happy that everyone is back!!! :bounce :bounce
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.

Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

lol I slept through the whole issue... Though, I'm kinda curious what happened. Another site I frequent this time of the week has been down, too... So I'm really worried!! Maybe it's something crazy going around?
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

Needless to say, we just experienced a small taste of what life would be like should the internet simply cease to be...

...it was horrible...nothing to do but school work and converse with friends...via phone??

*shudder*
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

LOL! I got the same messages at skool too!

"THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUSPENDED"

I was thinking maybe someone forgot to pay the bill or somethin lol! :emb

I was about to email away and ask if the mods needed a donation from members. X|
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

We welcome your donation to the ALICE AI Foundation. Please visit our contributions page at <a>Alicebot. org</a>.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Startyde wrote: and converse with friends...via phone??

*shudder*
.....*sniffle*... :bawl
.. ;_;
hey its not that bad!
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Shampoo wrote:

*shudder*
.. ;_;
hey its not that bad!
I don't know guys ... it's a pretty scary thought!

Shampoo ... this is totally ... :topic ... but, please tell me you got that awesome Shampoo and Ghost Cat cel that was on ebay. I saw you were bidding on it, but didn't see how it ended. That one needs to be in your collection!!

Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Well let me put the questions and rumors to rest. Beta as well as my site got hacked and the little shit who did it decided to put some nasty files into the system that were inturn causing problems to the server. Alec and I are in the process of changing EVERYTHING as well as adding more security measures so if Beta does go down again in the next day or two it's probably due to our "fixing" stuff. Rest assured the billing was never an issue. heehee. Although donations are still always welcome for when the need arises. :wink:
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

That's awful, Goldknight! Sorry to hear you had those problems, and I hope everything works out smoothly for "the fix". I think we're all just happy to see it back up, and thankful for your efforts!

Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

Shampoo wrote:

*shudder*
.. ;_;
hey its not that bad!
Awww...I just kidding lil buddy buddy :)
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

tex-chan wrote: but, please tell me you got that awesome Shampoo and Ghost Cat cel that was on ebay. I saw you were bidding on it, but didn't see how it ended. That one needs to be in your collection!!
OMG!!! I am SOOO sorry Patti! I totally forgot to pm ya back about that!
Please forgive me! :bow /sry

Sadly.. no I didnt win her... /sob
The reserve wasn't met at all.. Grrrr! :x :P
That really irritates me, if you dont wanna sell it below a price
then list the starting bid at the price you DO want for it.. geez I hate having to 'guess' :roll:
Ah well.. hopefully its not the last of the Neko-ghost cat/shampoo cel. :wink: Or at least more Shampy's will come along for me to snatch lol :^^: :D

Thanks again for letting me know bout it! Your a doll
*hugs hugs*

:friends:
:wave:
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Man ... I'm really sorry to hear that, Shampoo! I was so hoping you would win her. Well, maybe they will relist it and either start the bidding at the reserve or remove the reserve. I can understand the irritation at having to guess about the reserve ... although, I must confess I've put reserves on a few cels I've put up in the past --- three, actually. :emb I hated doing it that way, but it was the only way I felt I could try selling them, since they were so special to me. One of them sold, and the other two didn't ... but, I took my feelings on them as a sign I shouldn't even be trying to sell them, and I removed them from my sale page, even. They shall never see ebay again! (I hope ... LOL)

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Me too.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)