Major new toy on Beta

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Thanks, Magician, for adding the Blackmail feature... uh I mean the Album feature! ;)

So, kymaera, about this photo of Baakay.....

(heeheehee! sorry kay! Had to play along! :))
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

kymaera wrote:Cool feature.

Adds to my blackmail leverage on Baakay with a certain picture that I
have of her :dgrin
You slimer!! :doubleflip

*grin* I have some pretty gruesome ones of you as well, my friend...

But ok, none so bad as the horrific picture of Baakay wearing the Digi Charat hat and the Worst Shirt Known To Mankind, while engaging in a laugh that adds at least three chins to the usual two. (And you wonder why I wouldn't pose with Alucard for you that time...)

I LOVE seeing everyone!! What a blast. Personally, though, I have to say that I want to look like Uende when I grow up. :)

Alternatively, I want to look like one of Kittens' kittens.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Um ... er ...

When I hit the link I get a blank page with a single line of text:
Template->loadfile(): File /home/goldkn2/public_html/anime-beta/phpBB/templates/redIce/album_index_body.tpl for handle body is empty
Am I :) doing something wrong?

:stupid:
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Baakay wrote: Alternatively, I want to look like one of Kittens' kittens.
Thank you, Baakay /eyes: You are sooo sweet :D They are typing key boads to help me typing.... right now..... :P
Cats rule!
Kane
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by Kane »

Very cool new feature!
ImageImage
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

sensei wrote: Am I :) doing something wrong?
Nope....it appears one of the new files I uploaded got truncated in the redice skin. I replaced them all and it works now. Sorry about that and good catch! 8)
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Hi all! Just posted a new cheesy pic inspired by everyone's cel horror stories *tee hee*. It's good to see everyone's pics, thanks for adding them.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Still no luck. While I can access the gallery page now, I can't upload pictures, even when I compress them to half the maximum size the directions prescribe. I get a "general error" saying that the dimensions of my picture are too large.

The last time I tried, the picture was 480 x 605 pixels and 65.5 kb in size.

Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

sensei wrote:I get a "general error" saying that the dimensions of my picture are too large.
Might this be a incompatibility issue with JPEGS, GIFS, BMP etc? or a MAC/PC problem? I used a PC uploading images as JPEGS, it worked fine for me. Sensei, if you try saving the image as a different file type then try uploading again, it MAY resolve the conflict. Other than that, only the master, Magician, might be able to help.
Mirai_Peorth
Senpai - Elder

Post by Mirai_Peorth »

I'm on a Mac and am having no problems whatsoever. ^_^;
"Practice safe Zechs - Use a Gundam." - Unknown
sensei

Post by sensei »

Krafty wrote:
sensei wrote:I get a "general error" saying that the dimensions of my picture are too large.
Might this be a incompatibility issue with JPEGS, GIFS, BMP etc? or a MAC/PC problem? I used a PC uploading images as JPEGS, it worked fine for me.
That's what I am doing: PC uploading .jpg files. I can try saving it as a .gif file and see if it makes any difference.

UPDATE:

It did upload, but it comes up in the gallery with a big sign "NO THUMBNAIL"

Do gifs not make thumbnails, or should I have clicked a "make thumbnail" button somewhere.

Math is hard.

:l

sovereign
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sovereign »

I don't normally show my photo to cel peeps, but beta is so friendly that I went for it. I opted for a fun pic with little detail...fyi I have long hair, it's pulled back so I could rock out. 8)

/m
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

sensei wrote: It did upload, but it comes up in the gallery with a big sign "NO THUMBNAIL"

Do gifs not make thumbnails, or should I have clicked a "make thumbnail" button somewhere.
The album is kind of glitchy in the auto-thumbnailing. There are 3 different compression types I can select and each one does wierd stuff. The first pukes on jpgs and since most web images are jpgs I decided not to use it.
The 2nd thumbnails all three allowed file types, but the thumbnails came out black and white and fuzzy. The 3rd doesn't like gifs, but png and jpg image thumbnails look good. I chose the 3rd because it sucked less than the other 2.

I don't know why the jpg wouldn't upload for you. It may have been the color mode (8, 16, 24 bit)...it may have been the encapsulation....I just don't know without seeing the original file. I saved the gif you uploaded and converted it into a jpg in Adobe's Imageready. I uploaded it using the redice skin and it worked fine. You can see the thumbnail now.

If you want to email me jpgs that fail, I will look at them and see why they don't work.

On another note, it looks like everyone's pretty comfy uploading to the public gallery, but it doesn't look like the personal gallery's feature is being used much. Everyone gets a small personal gallery as well. Right now I have it limited to 3 images until I see what kind of space this feature takes up. I may increase it to 10 images if the web space isn't vanishing.

To see member galleries (there are 2 right now) click the album link. You will see 2 links above the recent photos. One says "Users Personal Galleries" and the other says "Your Personal Gallery". You will see member galleries listed by username.

To create your own gallery, click on the "Your Personal Gallery" link. You won't see anything in your album until you upload an image, but once you upload one, your gallery is created and viewable by all.

I thought this feature might be handy for showing off cels, sharing screencaps, posting images of items for sale, or whatever. I put a few more fractals and a photo up in my gallery as an example.

-M
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

It was idiot proof until they made a bigger idiot: me! :)

I uploaded another pic for the album, but now I have two! :x
One is bad enough to court 100-year curses! Two may have unbelievable far-reaching effects! Nooooooo! 8O

Magician, could you kindly zap the first pic and leave the less objectionable one of me facing away? (...my best side? hahahahaha)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I'm glad you thought it was funny
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)