"Restart message queue" switch?

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

"Restart message queue" switch?

Post by aernath »

Our island has been having major connectivity issues this last week and it's driving me absolutely NUTS!

The reason it's driving me nuts: I get on beta and just get started reading through the messages left since my last visit, and POOF, the connection goes down, and POOF there go all those messages! The counter starts over, even though I didn't get a chance to look at all those messages.

My question: would it be possible to set a switch, that the user could click on to confirm/reset the counter upon logging out manually? Something so that when I get dropped offline, those messages stay in the queue until I click that I'm ready for them to disappear.

Did any of that make sense?

Just a suggestion because I'm fuming mad at our inability to keep a phone line up out here lately.

Thanks for listening!
/rant
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

This isn't the first time the "posts since my last visit" thing has been a problem. I don't know what kind of options I have for setting a switch like this. I will look to see if there are any hacks for this kind of thing. I will also pose the question to the phpBB developers and see if anything can be done.

-M
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

Thanks, Magician!
If it can't be done, that's all right. But, man, it sure would be sweet if it could be done!
I hate to miss any beta goodies! :D