Beta Logo #1......Rough Draft.......Opinions?????

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Goldknight
RULER

Beta Logo #1......Rough Draft.......Opinions?????

Post by Goldknight »

Well my friend PITA has finished the first go at our logo. It's very rough and the colors will probably need changing. The character will have flesh colored skin. Not Pink like shown. My friend PITA has a broken hand and knee and has been laid up for over 3 months so colors are hard for her to come by till she is well. I've scanned the little guy in and PITA wanted some feedback as to what should be changed and what stays the same. I had e-mailed her various characters from a variety of shows including some I've never seen, but know are popular. She took those characteristics and made them her own. If you're an artist and think you have a better spin on this character then please give it a shot. I'm sure PITA would love the help and input. Just e-mail me or PM me with your new pic. I think this little guy has some great potential. So here he is:

Last edited by Goldknight on Sun May 08, 2005 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Can you get it back?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
SS Kakarot
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by SS Kakarot »

A Beta mascot, eh?
Great idea, and this one looks nice! :)

Maybe he should have a Power Pole or sword on his back, but I like it this way too. /no1
"The Dragonball Cel King" - celgami (05-05-04)
My Cel Galleries & Board:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com/
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

I can see the DragonBall and Naruto influences, that's cool; but instead of looking Chibi, an SD would look excellent! That way it's easy to suggest hands and feet and the design can still be stylized.
Maybe he could have an accessory of sorts? A 'Goku' Bo, or gauntlet...
Liking it so far!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Perhaps. I am sure he could.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

See? Even Cloud agrees! That idea must hold some weight, heh heh
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

No I do not see.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Hmmmm, personally I like what Rubberslug has done. Have a logo, but not a mascot. That way the logo can be used for years to come without worrying about it "going out of style"...
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

A logo is a good idea as well. This "mascot" would be on T-shirts and such. A logo would be too. I welcome any ideas and sketches/colors if you want to work on them. I can toss them to PITA too. She would easily throw in a pole or something.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Zag
Senpai - Elder

Post by Zag »

While I appreciate the work your friend has gone to, I cannot express this enough: Any mascot for a t-shirt will be more appealing, if it's a hot chick.
I'm a girl, and I'm still saying it. Girls SELL.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Me too. I am a she. it. . .
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Zag
Senpai - Elder

Post by Zag »

Cloud wrote:Me too. I am a she. it. . .
O_O OMG, Cloud has announced that he's a girl now.
.. or an "it" ?
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

[quoteyou]Me too. . .
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Zag
Senpai - Elder

Post by Zag »

Cloud wrote:[quoteyou]Me too. . .
See, Cloud agrees with me! Cloud likes girls!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I haven't heard anything like that before: Zag said I likes girls.
-I, Robot (Asimov)