Beta Logo #1......Rough Draft.......Opinions?????

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Zag
Senpai - Elder

Post by Zag »

Cloud wrote:I haven't heard anything like that before: Zag said I likes girls.
Yes, yes, I did.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Beautiful, slim, althletic women with their breasts popping out of a tight, skimpy vest would sell more to fanboys but isn't this community dominated by women? I don't think that image would suit Beta so it should be discounted.
On the other hand I wouldn't want a shirt with a stoic bishie slumming his charms on my chest.
The idea of a logo would be cool, a double-sided print would be a great idea- the main logo emblazoned on the front with a icon on the reverse between the shoulder blades.
Shirt colour is another concern, I know it a littler cheaper, but please don't go with a white shirt. It looks so much more classy with an olive/maroon/navy colour...
OK, I know I'm asking for the moon on a stick but if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.
Out of the gloom a voice said unto me;
"Smile and be happy, things could be worse".
So I smiled and was happy
and behold;
things did get worse...
Ms. Poe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Ms. Poe »

Agreed. I'd like a logo on the front...maybe smaller, where a breat pocket would normally be...otherwise, I'd like it big, and retro style over the chest area.

I like the idea of the logo on front...Then a mascot/image on the back. That's how one of my fav Anime Expo shirts is ^_^! I'd also like a refined image. NO OFFENSE TO ANYBODY ON THIS ONE...but...Seriously...If you're having t-shirts made to advertise...They have to be slick. Polished. Finished. My clients definately wouldn't want my rough sketch for something going on a t-shirt they plan to sell worldwide.

Maybe we could institue an Anime-Beta logo contest? Give everyone 1 month to create either a logo, or an image. Personally...I have no prob with a big-breated lady on my shirt. I had the same idea in my marketing class for their t-shirts. Everyone loved it...Girls and guys alike. Then when they voted again...When the class had different peeps in it who rarely show up for class...Their tastes all of the sudden seemd to change -_-! Meh.

But...I say people could enter a male or female drawing? I think it would be fun.

Just an idea. Any comments?
Image Image
Casshern
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Casshern »

The mascot doesn't seem to fit the theme of anime-beta. It looks more like it should be for a children's website. ReitheJelly has a good point though. A logo would be a better suited all around art piece. If a mascot was truly desired I would have done one that has a non-human form. Here's an idea, instead of having one person do a mascot why not have a contest to see who can come up with one? Just like durin the Southpark creator character thread? If one person was to be in charge of the job then how can you be sure that everyone will actually like the mascot? Some people aren't ballsy enough to voice their opinion. Because seriously, I don't want a freaky looking chimpmunk representing me. No offense :) But if you are, here's a "glass of 'water'" to cool ya down? ;)
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Sigh....as I mentioned.....I welcome ideas and people sending in their works of art. I am aware beta will have to prints on a shirt. One with the logo and the other of a character. I had shot down ideas of big breasted women or studly looking guys because there would always be one side left out. What's funny is that people talk of the DBZ/Naruto influence and apparently she only took the kai off DBZ and made up the rest. :emb :emb The stance she got from a pose of the character Dark from DN Angel in chibi form. The outfit was that of Dark as well only different colors. The colors would be changed. The character is half human half demon since that seems to be the theme these days with shows like Inuyasha and Saiyuki.

So basically if you think you can make it better then I welcome to ideas. Start pouring them in. As for the lines and such....it's very rough and she would clean it up. I had just promised a showing of what the thinking was so that things could be changed before a more refined pic was shown.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: I am everywhere and yet, nowhere... all at the same time. Whoa.

Post by BleedingOrange »

Personally...

Frankly...

I like mine best! :D

Visit: Bleeding Orange - DBZ Cel Gallery
"It seems a demon has possessed your trousers... care for an exorcism?"
fetish4minx
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by fetish4minx »

BleedingOrange wrote:Personally...

Frankly...

I like mine best! :D

Wow...how can I top that????

-fetish
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Beta logo#1....Rough draft....opinions?

Post by JWR »

Personally If I was to design a logo for Beta I do not think one could do better than the one that graces the Beta home page.
Sith-Krillin
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Re: Beta logo#1....Rough draft....opinions?

Post by Baakay »

JWR wrote:Personally If I was to design a logo for Beta I do not think one could do better than the one that graces the Beta home page.
Sith-Krillin
That's a pretty interesting idea... actually there are a number of the skins that are nicely done in terms of lettering, color schemes, etc (we of course could not use the characters from the anime...)

I don't know what that character is, that's on the home page at the moment. If it's a copyrighted character then we couldn't use it on a shirt.

The rough draft character is cute. I'm assuming it's going to be taken into a graphic arts program, cleaned up a whole lot and refined... but I get the impression that's the idea anyway. I wonder, though whether it would be interesting to make him a her? Then you'd have the DBZ-ish influences, the cute anime girl influences, and ... you know.

Just tossing around random thoughts. My original design skills rot. :P
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Cute ideas Bakaay. As for the images on beta I can't use them due to copyright issues. The Sith_Krillin is still Krillin and there would be a huge issue.....I think. I had thought about that awhile back, but it too closely resembles and actual character and I don't want to get sued. Heh. Same with banners and such. Those characters are trademarks sort of speak so I'd rather not risk it.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

JWR

Post by JWR »

Goldknight wrote: The Sith_Krillin is still Krillin and there would be a huge issue.....I think. I had thought about that awhile back, but it too closely resembles and actual character and I don't want to get sued. Heh. Same with banners and such. Those characters are trademarks sort of speak so I'd rather not risk it.
That may not be the case due to quirks in Japanese copyright laws.

This was discussed on Rubberslug
http://www.rubberslug.com/board/showthread.asp?t=864
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Drax
Kamisama - God

Post by Drax »

Where did the avatar for Cloud come from? If it is legal, my vote is for Cloud to be our mascot. Not that I dislike any of the other suggestions. We all seem to relate well to cloud and from a tshirt persepective it's unique enough to draw attention.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What are you then? You and I have different tastes.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

Yeah, and we could put the dress quote on it! :P
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

Unfortunately, I remember that Sith-Krillin grabbed Cloud's "picture" off an existing anime - or something French. For the life of me, at the moment, I can't remember what it was! :^^: He told me about it, but that was naturally a couple of years ago and my memory is fuzzy.

And, of course, Dancing Gir is completely off-limits. It would have been nice to have Cloud as our mascot, though! :)

~ die softly