Beta Logo #1......Rough Draft.......Opinions?????

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Oh. Tell me more about it.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: The Post Katrina Big Easy, Not quite as big but still just as easy.

Post by Lynxa »

What about some kind of abstract picture? Like a cool graphic or something? It'll be hard to come up with a character that everyone is going to like!

....Unless it's The Giant Soul Sucking Cel Book of Eternal Despair and Everlasting Happiness....... :rollin

I'd like to second the "no white t-shirt" request!!! I don't wear white t-shirts and would be very sad if I couldn't buy one!!!! (How about black? :D )
Chzbrgr of Doom Better than the show at this point.
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: I am everywhere and yet, nowhere... all at the same time. Whoa.

Post by BleedingOrange »

JWR wrote:
Goldknight wrote: The Sith_Krillin is still Krillin and there would be a huge issue.....I think. I had thought about that awhile back, but it too closely resembles and actual character and I don't want to get sued. Heh. Same with banners and such. Those characters are trademarks sort of speak so I'd rather not risk it.
That may not be the case due to quirks in Japanese copyright laws.

This was discussed on Rubberslug
http://www.rubberslug.com/board/showthread.asp?t=864
But what you are forgetting is that it also resembles Darth Maul from Star Wars, and that too is copyrighted and definitely here in the US w/o a quirk. But quirks or not, if you claimed that was your "mascot," I'm sure both Funi and LucasFilm would bring you a C&D as infringements on a licensed character (licensed exclusively to Funi) and a copyrighted character.

Oh, and in case anyone thought I was serious. My Mascot is a joke. I didn't really mean for it to be taken seriously. My take? Beta does not need a mascot. Merely a cool logo and a catchy slogan. Mascots are hard to come up with, especially very appealing ones that look good. You'd need a professional artist.

... though they're out there to be found I'm sure. With all the fan art I see at Cons, I bet you could get SOMEONE out there to make us up a really beautiful/cool mascot if you REALLY want one. But you'd have to make sure you copyrighted it and everything.
Visit: Bleeding Orange - DBZ Cel Gallery
"It seems a demon has possessed your trousers... care for an exorcism?"
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: The Post Katrina Big Easy, Not quite as big but still just as easy.

Post by Lynxa »

I have it!!!!

:rollin :rollin :rollin
Actually, I might have to make myself one with this li'l guy. The more I look at him the more I want to..... 8O

....buy cels......must....buy....more.....cels........
Chzbrgr of Doom Better than the show at this point.
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

Lynxa wrote: ....Unless it's The Giant Soul Sucking Cel Book of Eternal Despair and Everlasting Happiness....... :rollin
I think you're on to something there! :wow: A little more demonic aura, more malevolent eyes, gaunt cel collectors with empty eyes and wallets.....The NO ESCAPE is definitely a good motto. The more you stare at it, the more it speaks to me :wow: Must...obey...cel....book....
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Maybe. I've heard of it before.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

That's quite possible Cloud, hang around here long enough you'll hear just about anything. :)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Makes sense to me.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

Lynxa wrote:I have it!!!!

:
This one has my vote!!!!
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
SS Kakarot
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by SS Kakarot »

Hehe, I had to think of this one right away:

:D
"The Dragonball Cel King" - celgami (05-05-04)
My Cel Galleries & Board:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com/
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Not Sir Phobos wrote:
Lynxa wrote:I have it!!!!
:
This one has my vote!!!!
:D It reminds me of the Hypno-toad from Futurama... all hail Hypno-toad.
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

Personally, I don't think I'll buy a T-shirt with any cheesy character on it.

Name logo's are fine with me though..

*hugs her "Got Rice?" t-shirt*

...hmm :|

How about a "Got Cels?" T-shirt? :P
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

I would buy a Got Cels - shirt.
(Especially if it's a Key or an End Shirt)
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Drax
Kamisama - God

Post by Drax »

Deadly Whispers wrote:Unfortunately, I remember that Sith-Krillin grabbed Cloud's "picture" off an existing anime - or something French. For the life of me, at the moment, I can't remember what it was! :^^: He told me about it, but that was naturally a couple of years ago and my memory is fuzzy.

And, of course, Dancing Gir is completely off-limits. It would have been nice to have Cloud as our mascot, though! :)

~ die softly
I finally got to watch an episode of Invader Zim a couple of nights ago and the artwork seemed similar to Cloud. Anyone know if Cloud's avatar originated from there?
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Oh. Tell me more about it.
-I, Robot (Asimov)