Deleting One's Own Posts...

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Deleting One's Own Posts...

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Well, I'm a moron and sometimes post an extra message rather than simply editing an existing one... So I was wondering if there was a way that you could enable users to delete our own messages only? That would make me uber-happy. :D
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Perhaps it would.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

No perhaps about it, Cloud--It would make me happy!! heehee But I wonder if I'd be the only one. :P
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

I dont think there is a way you can delete messages...
I belive you can only edit them /hmm
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

I've seen sometimes after making a post that a little 'x' appears next to the edit button, but it has only appeared a couple of times for me. I'm guessing that's the only way. :shrug

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin x)
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Shampoo wrote:I dont think there is a way you can delete messages...
I belive you can only edit them /hmm
Yeah, at the moment. I think the question was: is there some way to tweak the programming so as to make that a possibility?

It might not be possible (great programmer speaking here, who does well to figure out how to make the html tags go in the right place) but I agree it would be a nice enhancement if it could be done. Might also cut down on some of the ... how to say ... less well-advised posts some of us have been known to make from time to time :emb ("oh god, I shouldn't have put that in there, let me kill it now!')
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

normally deleting is reserved to mods/admins only.
If this php board is similar to others i have seen it should be possible to enable deleting own posts, but imo, it's something that only mods/admins should do....

With deleting enabled people might be tempted to delete their thread after thinking it over. As it's now you have to think twice before posting something that you would want to take back..... and well, if there's a mistake and you make a double post noone will be offended, it's quite easy to see that it's a mistake.
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

I can change permissions here to allow users to delete their own posts, but it's not a global change. I will have to set it one forum at a time. This will be a bit tedious to do, and will takle me a little time as I'm dealing with a failing hard drive in my laptop right now.

What forums would this setting be most useful right now? I will see if I can get them set between blue-screens.

-M
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

As a suggestion, why not do the forums in order of most to least traffic?
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

I see no point in being able to delete my own posts as I never say anything that needs to be deleted.

let me edit this :D
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust wrote:I see no point in being able to delete my own posts as I never say anything that needs to be deleted.
Besides, the newbies are the only ones who don't already have you on their
ignore list, right?

:dgrin
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Showing which group you are part of ? ;)
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

magician wrote:I can change permissions here to allow users to delete their own posts, but it's not a global change. I will have to set it one forum at a time. This will be a bit tedious to do, and will takle me a little time as I'm dealing with a failing hard drive in my laptop right now.
It was just an idea, hun. If it's too much of a pain, it's really no big deal to me; just a thought. You are the "god" of these boards anyway, so if you'd rather people not be able to delete their own posts, then leave it that way. It might mess up post counts too... hmmmm... lol