just. . .

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I'm not sure I like that remark so much.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Zag
Senpai - Elder

Post by Zag »

There really aught to be a "turn Cloud off" option when making a serious thread. :D X| :hurt:
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

"There you go again. "--Reagan
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
kisara
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kisara »

Cloud wrote:I'm not sure I like that remark so much.
Hey! And if the bot starts the flaming??? What are the rules on that? 'Cause it really sounds to me like he's trying to start something there.

Yes cloud, I don't think I like the tone of your typing. X|

LOL

Oh, I'm sorry.

Smart$%^# in me just popped-out there.

big ol' :P
"You have to keep your whits about you when you're losing your mind." - a friend

:P
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by metheus »

You ever douse a flaming bot with water, that'd be cool t o see.
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Cloud wrote:"There you go again. "--Reagan
Oooooo noooooo!!! not politics!! run away! :P
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Sorry my legs aren't built yet.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Okay, I have too short of an attention span to read all of those copied posts... but here's my two cents, however scattered.

Censorship. I hate it. And that is essentially what these mods are doing. I really don't see how name-calling is grounds enough to sensor the rest of us from it, and in so doing, banishing those who do name-call. Of course, there are extremes. Name-calling can get nasty and vulgar. That is when people ought to be put in line, sent a PM to stop; not for minor "you idiot" banter amongst friends. I can personally say that I've called my close friends a couple names, not to be mean, but just to point out that they did or said something stupid. It ends there. I can understand how name-calling, however juvenile, can get out of hand... but I feel that action should only be taken when things have started to get out of control.

Granted, I believe I missed the whole thread in question. I checked out the thread early on and never really looked at the newer responses, mostly because I've been busy sitting on the FOH catwalk for three days in a row... So I know I'm only seeing part of this issue. But I feel like the mods' attempts to keep posters in line have taken the first step to completely recreate how this board, and its members, are perceived. I've talked with one of these banished members before, and I've always enjoyed their posts... I am disgusted that this has happened, that these banished members may not return because of this.

In the end, I'd really like to see what it was that caused all of this, to see for myself just what triggered such response.

This could have been handled differently. I don't believe that a quick banishment was the proper way to handle this. I think a simple PM would have sufficed. In your attempt to keep this board "clean" may just as well destroy it from within. Watch out.
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

First of all, as several have said, I'm glad that this is out in the open.

I don't agree with the solution to the problem. From day one of posting,
momo had proved himself a nuisance, starting with minor things such as
digging up threads from years ago, building up with an arrogant,
condescending tone, then finishing up with both veiled and direct insults.
I think it's telling that so many people put him on their ignore list, including
myself. It's the first time that I've ever even considered putting anyone on
my ignore list on here and only the second time ever that I've put someone
on an ignore list on any msg board in the decade or so that I've been online.
Could Gabe and Uende have dealt with things in a better manner? Yes, but
I don't think that they were that far over the line considering what momo had
gotten away with at that point. That the punishment (and yes, despite
calling it a "time-out", that's what it amounts to) was equal for them isn't
something that I consider just.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Cloud wrote:Everyone is entitled to his own opinion.
Quite the wiseguy today, aren't you, ya bot ya? :P
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

I agree with kymaera (wow..... I have never thought I would :P :P heeheehee kidding kidding :P).

There is one thing I am very much worried about. I think beta is very active forum and this is a very good thing. I also appreciate all of the mods' and the admin's work. However, if they sensor too much, I am just afraid that this forum is not active too much (not to be able to say anything....).

I do not think I am only one person to be afraid of posting threads...... (plz do not get offended.....).

So I really really hope that it ganna be better.....
Last edited by kittens on Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cats rule!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Also? I am glad you appreciate those qualities.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Kujaku
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Kujaku »

Well, I can't say I agree with what you Mods decided. Since Momo is in my ignore list (the only person in my ignore list), I can safely say that I will never have to hear his opinions on things, so far, that works for me.

Since I spoke to both Uende and Gabe, who are GREAT by the way, I am more relieve and will welcome them back once their suspension is over. I wanted to also thank Ashura for letting me know the situation.

The Mods know my opinion on this matter.

Gabe and Uende, here's to your return :cheers

Kujaku
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Interesting explanation. What did you talk about?
-I, Robot (Asimov)