just. . .

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Just

Post by JWR »

I'll pay for Baakay's drinks.

I like watching younger women dance :nya:

Bet that scores some brownie points :rollin :rollin :rollin
Of couse only Sensei and I can pull that one off :hitting:
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Kujaku wrote:Yes, but how many would it take for you to dance on the tables for Gabe and I? :wink:
:P Ahh, for you nice guys, it wouldn't take much. Plus, I can't really hold my liquor like some people I know... so...maybe 3? lol Jello shots are nice, too.

Here's a preview for ya.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Last edited by Rekka Alexiel on Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

JWR, don't fprget me. I was the only "old guy" here for a long time :wink:
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
kisara
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kisara »

kymaera wrote:
Kujaku wrote: Are you sure you wouldn't dance for us Baakay.....not even for a chocolate bar....*HINT, HINT*. :dgrin
Ah..going for the girls that go for the chocolate. Looks like Kujaku is heading
for the dancing elephants, after all.

:elephant
just. . . . you guys are so bad!!!

I'm kinda likein' it?

ahem

Did I say that out loud???

WooooH!!!!!!!!!

:P

And no, I'm not already hitting the tequilla!
Last edited by kisara on Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You have to keep your whits about you when you're losing your mind." - a friend

:P
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Nope.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
JWR

Post by JWR »

glorff wrote:JWR, don't fprget me. I was the only "old guy" here for a long time :wink:
I stand corrected sorry Glorff X|
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

Everyone, please officially welcome In_Gabriel_We_Trust and Uende back to the boards. I have reset their ability to post . . . I think. *crosses fingers and hopes she didn't mess anything up in the Control Panel*

~ Deadly Whispers
Kujaku
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Kujaku »

kymaera wrote:
Kujaku wrote: Are you sure you wouldn't dance for us Baakay.....not even for a chocolate bar....*HINT, HINT*. :dgrin

Bad Kymaera, bad :wack

JWR wrote:I'll pay for Baakay's drinks.

I like watching younger women dance :nya:

Bet that scores some brownie points :rollin :rollin :rollin
Of couse only Sensei and I can pull that one off :hitting:

As long as we can get Baakay dancing, pull whatever tactics that you need
:dwink

We'll leave this little guy for Kymaera, since he seems like the type that is into them little guys Image j/k
kisara wrote:
kymaera wrote:

just. . . . you guys are so bad!!!

I'm kinda likein' it?

ahem

Did I say that out loud???

WooooH!!!!!!!!!
That's my girl, I guess Gabe and I don't even need to buy you drinks, but we'll do it anyways....just in case :buds:

Hear that Gabe, we got Kisara, Ashura and Rekka for your welcome back party. We are all set! What did I tell ya, this is going to be one crazy night :woot:

Baakay will be performing in another room for Glorff & JWR, but we can always drop by
:suga:
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

You said "What did I tell ya this is going to be one crazy night woot

Baakay will be performing in another room for Glorff JWR but we can always drop by [color] suga" .
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

Once again the cries of censorship have come up. I'm so sick of hearing that phrase tossed around. I almost dsabled Beta completely just now. Deadly Whispers convinced me not to.

Nowhere on this planet is there an absolute freedom to say anything you want anywhere you want at anytime you want. Try yelling "FIRE" in a movie theatre and see how long your freedom lasts. There are some standards everywhere you go in public.

The rules here are pretty simple, and haven't changed much in the 2+ years I have run this board. If you don't like them, you don't have to post here.

This whole episode has pushed me over the edge. I will be demoting my account to regular member and taking a sabbatcal from Beta. You guys do what you see fit here. I have tried to do my best keeping this place friendly and open without being too harsh. I let things get too loose and now I am getting bludgeoned for trying to rein things in.

-Bye
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

Magician...I am very sad to see things take this turn. I don't think that everyone here realizes how far you go out of your way to make Beta a better place - coding, recoding, hacks...and many other technical terms I could never hope to understand. Beyond all of that, you are a great person and a wonderful friend. I do wish you would reconsider. You are a true treasure.

*a very sad*
Jenn

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

kymaera wrote:

You DO like livin' dangerous this evening, don'tcha hun? :badass :crossbones
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

magician wrote:Once again the cries of censorship have come up. I'm so sick of hearing that phrase tossed around. I almost dsabled Beta completely just now. Deadly Whispers convinced me not to.

Nowhere on this planet is there an absolute freedom to say anything you want anywhere you want at anytime you want. Try yelling "FIRE" in a movie theatre and see how long your freedom lasts. There are some standards everywhere you go in public.

The rules here are pretty simple, and haven't changed much in the 2+ years I have run this board. If you don't like them, you don't have to post here.

This whole episode has pushed me over the edge. I will be demoting my account to regular member and taking a sabbatcal from Beta. You guys do what you see fit here. I have tried to do my best keeping this place friendly and open without being too harsh. I let things get too loose and now I am getting bludgeoned for trying to rein things in.

-Bye
Woah.

Try hard to get people to lighten up, and then come back to this.

Ok, I'm going to stop playing the cheap entertainment for a second and say this.

This ENTIRE episode was well on its way to being resolved by the people who are actually HERE to enjoy the forum. It really was almost water under the bridge. And then lo and behold, out of nowhere comes the posse to dredge up all the irritating threads AGAIN and get everyone stirred up AGAIN!

Yes, by god, Magician, you have worked miracles keeping this place open and running. But if any one of you had actually acted in a TIMELY manner, or read the forums carefully and looked at the dates before laying the smackdown on people, it would have been OVER by now.

Don't take it out on the rest of us, who were here and doing our best to get things running smoothly again.

Bah. Not only will I not dance for chocolate, guys, I won't be around for a day or two until I get over the whining. Gimme a break. I have a full time job and was a full time student and have two kids and a house, and I've still found time to be active. But the people "in charge" weren't. Face it, folks, you dropped the ball.

Sorry everyone else, that just hit me TOTALLY wrong. I'm going to back away before someone kicks my pink elephant butt.
Last edited by Baakay on Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Once more? I believe that stealing is wrong.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Baakay wrote:Bah. Not only will I not dance for chocolate, guys, I won't be around for a day or two until I get over the whining. Gimme a break. I have a full time job and was a full time student and have two kids and a house, and I've still found time to be active. But the people "in charge" weren't. Face it, folks, you dropped the ball
You know, I thought I apologized for not doing my job, but
apparantly it wasn't good enough. :?

Thanks to all of the wonderful people I have met here at beta.
As of this point I am gone! :roll: