PM-ing multiple people?

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: The Post Katrina Big Easy, Not quite as big but still just as easy.

PM-ing multiple people?

Post by Lynxa »

Can it #!@*$#%-ing be done?????? I've tried everything and nothing to send one PM to multiple people (coordinating battle strategies :P ) and the dang thing just won't let me.

Is there some kind of secret trick? Do I have to buy it dinner and some drinks first?

This is driving me crazy. :x
Chzbrgr of Doom Better than the show at this point.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

heehee! Sorry for the loss of your sanity, Lynxa! ;) Perhaps it is set up this way on purpose so no one can spam us all at once. There used to be one person who sent frequent strange "stuff for sale" and "what's up" emails to some of us... they probably would have sent them to everyone if it was easier to do so! At the time, I was glad this person didn't know how to send lots of the same mail quickly! :D heeheehee! And I'm completely guessing here... So I hope someone who really knows the answer will chime in for you if there really is or is not a way to send bulk email. Good luck!!
vampyreshoujo
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by vampyreshoujo »

As far as I know, there's no way to send the same PM to multiple people at the same time. (You could always copy the PM you send to one person and send it to the others, but that gets old real quick. Plus, you have to deal with sharing everyone's replies too. =P)

What I try to do when coordinating battle strategies for large groups is move the group discussion over to email. That way we can use the "reply all" function so everyone receives the replies and there's none of this "copy and paste" business. :)
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Sending pm to multi ppl is a good idea :D :D That would be nice if there is a way to do :) :)
Cats rule!
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: The Post Katrina Big Easy, Not quite as big but still just as easy.

Post by Lynxa »

Well then, Vampyreshoujo, Kisara, and Echo need to e-mail me so I can start devising a strategy for tomorrow at 9:30 (central) :D

I understand the potential for evil, but it really is obnoxious I can't PM more than one person at a time! :x
Chzbrgr of Doom Better than the show at this point.
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

Lynxa (and everyone) -

I have the same beef with the PM system, believe me! ;) I have asked Magician to include a hack that will allow us to send PM's to more than one recipient in his latest batch. Now that the chatroom is installed, this upgrade is in the works. Hang in there for just a little bit longer! :)

~ Deadly Whispers