Rank names

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
ljeffrey
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Rank names

Post by ljeffrey »

I know our 'rank' changes with the number of posts and I am curious what are all the rank titles one can achieve? I don't particularly like 'anime geek' as I know where the word geek comes from (bleck) so I'm interested in knowing what will be next.

Thanks!
Today's Quote - "When you hear the toilet flush and the words 'uh-oh' it is already too late." ~ from an funny e-mail of a poor mother with two boys.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How do you know? It would be nice if our 'rank' changes with the number of posts. what are all the rank titles one can achieve is an interesting subject to me too.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
ljeffrey
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by ljeffrey »

I read somewhere that the ranks are by the number of posts in another forum thread, they also mentioned that our post numbers would be reduced if we posted usless or empty posts to just up the number.

Can't remember what thread that came from!
Today's Quote - "When you hear the toilet flush and the words 'uh-oh' it is already too late." ~ from an funny e-mail of a poor mother with two boys.
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

I think if that were true then everybody around here would have 5-10 posts tops.
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

Not Sir Phobos wrote:I think if that were true then everybody around here would have 5-10 posts tops.
NSP got that right. He hasn't said anything useful in a long time (except for introducing me to his troll) :rollin

But I'm one to talk, even my avator is a joke /gg

Ashura

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Only one or two posters come to mind that fairly frequently seem to post just to increase their post count. But that's just how they are so I'm not going to hold that against them just because of that small thing. :)

And I'm not talking about Cloud. :P

<---Pokes Cloud with a ten foot pole.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

And. I always wondered how they are so he or she is not going to hold that against them just because of that small thing.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

The easiest way to see if someone ia full of BS or not is to look at their "Joined" date and compare that to their post count. Post count alone doesn't mean anything.

I am mucho grande BS :l

But I'm a nice guy and always try to help others out so I guess they put up with me. :)
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Okay...if we take the members that have been registered at Beta at least five months and then go by their average number of posts per day. This baises the poll toward the more recently registered members since it's harder to keep posting at the same rate for a longer period of time due to real life situations coming up over the months/years, but...

...if we just go by the Beta members registered at least five months and then by the average number of posts per day...

NotSirPhobos comes in third place not counting Cloud. :^^:

Wow...there's someone actually posting more posts per day than Cloud. 8O 8O
Last edited by Keropi on Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Do you think everyone will agree?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

Here are the ranks and post counts:

0 - Newbie
25 - Anime Geek
50 - Otaku - Fanatic
75 - Eiketsu - Mastermind
125 - Juuyaku - Executive
150 - Eiyuu - Hero
200 - Kamisama - God
275 - Kishin - Fierce God
600 - Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!
900 - Senpai - Elder
1500 - Yosutebito - Hermit
2000 - Chiteijin - Cave Dweller
2500 - Taiyo - Sun Fearer
3000 - Himajin - Get A Life

There are 'possibilities' for custom ranks when you get around cave-dweller level, and I'm looking at possibly adding a second rank hack for some new status options we're kicking around. I may start on that once the multiple PM is in place.

Oh yeah....being an admin gives you ranks like "godless tyrant", but it must be earned :wink:

<- heading off to abuse my godlike beta powers!!! muhahahaha!!

-M
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

magician wrote:Oh yeah....being an admin gives you ranks like "godless tyrant", but it must be earned :wink:
Earned ?... As in "effort" ? :O
You mean we can't just buy are way into that ? ;)
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust wrote: You mean we can't just buy are way into that ? ;)

I see enough American Greenbacks and just about anything is possible. Perhaps something like "Beta Briber", "palm greaser" or "Bought my way into this rank?" :pimp

Unfortunately you don't get to be a "godless tyrant" unless you manage to piss at least 25% of the active members off. With my abundant people skills and stellar PR record here over the years, I've qualified several times over! :evilblk

-M
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

magician wrote:

I see enough American Greenbacks and just about anything is possible. Perhaps something like "Beta Briber", "palm greaser" or "Bought my way into this rank?" :pimp
-M
Ummmm, "Beta Briber", "palm greaser" just doesn't seem attractive. I'd pass on them Gabe, spend your money on something else /heh

Though "troll rider" might be something I would be interested in Image

Ashura

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

magician wrote:

I see enough American Greenbacks

-M
A... "green... backs"... :shrug Don't have those...
I could give you a shiny Euro. :^^:
That's like what... 12 billion dollars now ? ;)
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?