Request: Individualized Signature Blocking

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Request: Individualized Signature Blocking

Post by kymaera »

I like to see signatures in general, so I don't want to totally block them. However, there are some people that seem to want to post chapters from books or large-sized images that make me have to scroll and scroll to read anything. Images aren't a problem as I can use adblock to block them, but the long text posts, I don't have any easy recourse about. It would be nice to be able to block signatures on a case by case basis.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

That would come in very handy for me too.

The last three weeks or so I've had the all-signatures-off option chosen. When I turned them back on briefly just to see what was there I was surprised to see the funny Bleach character sigs that people were using. :D
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: The Post Katrina Big Easy, Not quite as big but still just as easy.

Post by Lynxa »

Ones that are too long don't really bother me *points at sig* :P But the ones that are WIDER than the page and sets off all the posts so that I have to scroll from side to side for EVERY POST are very annoying. But I usually deal with that by politely asking the owner of the sig to resize. :D After all, if you turned off only that one person, how would you know if they changed the sig? :wink:

I know if my cute Yuki & co was interfering too much, I'd be happy to resize (but not too small :P ). I personally like to see everyone's pics and interesting images. :D
Chzbrgr of Doom Better than the show at this point.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Yeah, individual signature blocking would be nice. I don't turn off the signatures because I like to see some of them...just not the ones that take up most space than the actual post!
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

Oops...baka me!

I'm sorry Kymaera, I did not see your thread until after I posted my poll.
But it seems we are thinking the same thing. I've asked the moderators to delete my poll/thread.

I have absolutely no problems with images in signatures because I like seeing them and the different interests and funny remarks of the members of this board.

But!
If I have to scroll down a signature that is bigger than my entire screen to read the next post, that surely diminishes my fun on the board.
I too have been thinking of switching the signatures off because of them.
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

I'm with Kymaera and Uende and the other sig lovers on this one.

I love signatures as they give an extra insight in the character and points of interest of the person.
However, it seems to get out of hand sometimes.
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust wrote:I'm with Kymaera and Uende and the other sig lovers on this one.

I love signatures as they give an extra insight in the character and points of interest of the person.
However, it seems to get out of hand sometimes.

*wanders away to think up a clever sig... after a year...*
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

After digging around the web, I found a hack that allows you to block avatars and/or signatures on an individual basis. I'm going to be out of town at a wedding this weekend, but I will have my new behemoth notebook with me. I will see if I can get some coding done in my off time.

I will get this added in the next 2 weeks for sure. Hopefully sooner.

-M
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

Yay!

Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

Yay indeed! :jump :jump

Thanks Magician :)
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

WooHoo! Sounds great. A place where noone will have to deal with unpleasant situations or images. The next thing we need to do is fit all members with a tracking device that glows red when they turn 30. Then they will be elliminated from this board! A perfect utopia where people can go about and post, without any unpleasantness to get in the way of their lives. Come, people with soft sensibilities, this is your haven! /no1
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
vapalla
Senpai - Elder

Post by vapalla »

blueheaven wrote:
The next thing we need to do is fit all members with a tracking device that glows red when they turn 30. Then they will be elliminated from this board!
Wait a minute! Why BELOW 30? I think 30 and above is best, so better start being nice to your elders and we will let you back on in a few years!

Actually, I never even notice most signatures unless I like the pictures. I'm that way with TV commercials too. AND I don't know how to make one myself 'cause I'm not very good at this stuff! All I can do is quote! (See above!)
:(
Visit our Cel Gallery!: http://cat.rubberslug.com/
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

First I look up the ingredients.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
vapalla
Senpai - Elder

Post by vapalla »

Cloud! That's the 5th time today you followed me! You ARE a stalker!!!
8O
Visit our Cel Gallery!: http://cat.rubberslug.com/
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Yes it is one of the 5th time today you followed me.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)