Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Hiya. I have recommended Beta to a couple of eager, cel-collecting friends. They've signed up but are still awaiting confirmation of their membership from the 3rd October. Is there a problem with new signups? Is there anyway they can be processed faster?

Many thanks, I'm sure they'll have a great time once they're here :)
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

They are potty-trained, right ?
It's no problem if they aren't but they'll have to sit next to NSP or Kymaera.

:D
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

Hey, we're not the ones that Cloud says "smells wierd", so you shouldn't be talking :D
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

:-) You've got my full attention. Why not?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Yeah, they're potty trained but still a little wet behind the ears. Fairly new entrants into cel collecting but they'll learn so much more from everyone here. Well, almost everyone.

I don't remember it taking more than 3 or 4 days for my registration to be confirmed which is why I asked. That's the problem with people nowadays, we want it all immediately!
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust wrote:They are potty-trained, right ?
It's no problem if they aren't but they'll have to sit next to NSP or Kymaera.

:D

:rollin

Krafty, please send my apologies to your friends! I will be sure to peruse the new signups later today . . . if I ever get out of work. X| I might be chained here (figuratively speaking) if things don't go the way management likes. Work would be the reason user activation hasn't been done sooner.

~ DW :)
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Thanks DW! Much appreciated; you rock :) /no1 Thought there was a 'human' element in the signup process which is why I asked. Could it not be automated? Or do you attempt to weed out the probable troublemakers from the outset?
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

The latter, though not quite for that reason. We like to weed out the bots that sign up for the sole purpose of spamming our memberlist or farming e-mail addresses/info. Quite a few come through (and probably sneak through my radar, too, but we won't go into that). ;)

~ DW
monkeyboy
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator
Location: Heading for the 90's...Living in the wild wild West...

Post by monkeyboy »

Be honest DW, it takes longer to process now that we have to send their files thru homeland security. :dban :nuts
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

OK I will try to be honest DW it takes longer to process now that we have to send their files thru homeland security.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
monkeyboy
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator
Location: Heading for the 90's...Living in the wild wild West...

Post by monkeyboy »

I didn't know you worked at HS cloud!

That explains SO much!