No Live Auction Posting Suggestion

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

Yeah, I don't agree either. It's an auction. Prepare to fight for it. People will feel bad for losing (who doesn't?).

What is the piont in asking questions when an auction ends?

Also, I don't agree with this:

"There is no need for anyone to 'inform' others. Those who really care will already know, those who do not care to search on their own deserve to go without. "

This is a sharing community, I like that people here gives us the heads up because, guess what, some of us do get busy with things :P I've seen many dreams cels acquired due to a nice heads up. Yes, I've PMed people before to let them know, but I don't always remember who wanted what, making a new thread going...."wasn't someone looking for this cel?".

Competition is competition, it isn't always bad, but it isn't always perfect. I've lost cels many times. I've never takened it personally. Now I am off to win a cel that I originally didn't on YJ. *Yay*

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you
Chi
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Chi »

The "other" forum had all sorts of rules like that. No links from YJ, don't even mutter "pocket", and be fearful when posting a link to a dealer update. Every thread had bickering because there was nothing someone could talk about which didn't violate some rule.

A new forum was started where people could freely discuss banned topics without persecution. It guaranteed freedom of speech and civility for all. It provided a shining example to the rest of the world on what could be created when people exchanged ideas freely, with tolerance for all.

But now we're discussing taking away some freedoms. What next, invading other forums because we don't agree with them? I say no! Do not head down this slippery slope!
lys
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by lys »

Chi wrote:The "other" forum had all sorts of rules like that. No links from YJ, don't even mutter "pocket", and be fearful when posting a link to a dealer update. Every thread had bickering because there was nothing someone could talk about which didn't violate some rule.

A new forum was started where people could freely discuss banned topics without persecution. It guaranteed freedom of speech and civility for all. It provided a shining example to the rest of the world on what could be created when people exchanged ideas freely, with tolerance for all.

But now we're discussing taking away some freedoms. What next, invading other forums because we don't agree with them? I say no! Do not head down this slippery slope!
:) He shoots! He scores! :psyche:
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

We have been just fine for the whole time that Beta has existed, so why change now. It may cause a little extra competition now and then, but the competition generally comes down to the serious collectors in the end :wink:
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

LoL, don't worry then, I didn't think it would work here, but it works perfectly over at the other forum I'm at. Like I said it was just a suggestion and it seems that most people aren't bothered with it, thas cool.
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

Chi wrote:The "other" forum had all sorts of rules like that. No links from YJ, don't even mutter "pocket", and be fearful when posting a link to a dealer update. Every thread had bickering because there was nothing someone could talk about which didn't violate some rule.
It is exactly that bickering that finally made me decide to leave. There was so much of it for so long, it was no longer fun to visit.

I completely agree with you Chi. Thank you for stating it (in my eye at least) so perfectly. I know there has been a huge amount of growth here at Beta during my absence (for personal reasons, medical and job related) - I'm glad to see that people still remember exactly what Beta was and is all about. If it gets to be like the other forum, I wouldn't be able to tolerate it here. :hurt:

Don't take it personal Ronin - it's just been this way for a long time, and it's worked out great thus far. :D

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

Heheh don't worry I'm not, :) it seems that this is what everyone is used to here and I'm glad it works, just guess I'm used to the sort of ‘security’ my other forum had (non cel related). I guess I should get annoyed when other people advertise other peoples auctions either. What's this 'other forum' you were all on before? Or is that treading on bad ground? Don't worry if it is.

But anyway thanks everyone for taking the time to read and voicing your opinions, it’s very much appreciated.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Ronin, you're a peach for comin' back smiling! Thank you for bringing up your idea, and then not being mad when it didn't fly. /kis
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

Aww hehe, no worries, always thinking of ways to try and make this a better place, but you were right...where would people seek advice for queries about fancels etc...I would miss it too! :)

Just y'all don't go querying the cels I'm after ok! ;) :P
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Auctions tend to disappear once their done, so I won't get the chance to see what the fuss is about. Even if I'm not going for the cel, I still like to see what people are interested in.
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

The only time I ever posted about an auction, everyone else who collects from that series already knew about it. I figure, if you've got the time to muck around here, you're probably already checking YJ a couple of times a day. :shrug

Plus, it's always fun to watch the bloodbath. :evil: :D
Baakay wrote:But being able to say "oh wow, look at all those SMJ opening cels! Let's watch Kymaera become an absolute idiot for a day and take out a second mortgage in order to pay for them..." That's priceless.
Yes, there are some things money can't buy. :D

Like sleep. Which is what I was doing while he was battling it out.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Who can forget the great fun we had watching Startyde's YJ auctions back in April 2004?:
http://www.anime-beta.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 50&start=0

If we couldn't post about live auctions we would have missed out on the classic Big Battle. :)
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

OH MY GOD!! Thanks so much for the link Keropi /kis2

That was one entertaining thread. You guys *mainly Startyde* were so funny. Plus, now I want to bug a certain someone about his nickname :D

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you