"Unable to connect" when attempting to access Beta

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Ah, good to see I'm not the one one either, I thought it was my internet connection for a while until I checked to see that other sites were working first time and quickly too.

I hadn't been able to view the forum properly for the last 8 hours, yesterday was intermittant too.

Probably just a host issue, it happens!

I had to spend the last hour+ watching the opening to the Olympic Games, it was good though- I forgot what TV was like :P
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I haven't had much time the past couple of days but each time I came to beta I got weird messages.

So are we rearranging the chairs on deck? :wink:

(We're all the in the same boat ie Titanic because we're sinking. Yeah, jokes aren't as funny when you don't have the reference. I'm in a weird mood today. I should log off.)
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Ahem. We are just having a little chat. w
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Who were you chatting with, Cloud? Cause I know it wasn't me . . . this time. :P :wink:
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Interesting explanation. How do you know? It seemed like me.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Woh...that was a bad one. I wasn't able to logon at all here for about three or four hours. It almost felt like a Denial of Service attack. :?
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Keropi wrote:Woh...that was a bad one. I wasn't able to logon at all here for about three or four hours. It almost felt like a Denial of Service attack. :?
Ok, so it wasn't just me then. I ate a lot of holiday goodies today and was beginning to wonder if Beta had been one of them. (Didn't think so, but as the spouzal unit put it the other day, the closest I've been to sanity in the past 30 years was to wave to it from across the room.)
"The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life comes when dreams are surrendered to reality."
James A. Michener, The Drifters
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

Yep, same here...

stupid server Image
monkeyboy
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator
Location: Heading for the 90's...Living in the wild wild West...

Post by monkeyboy »

I know this is an old thread, but in light of the post at Rubberslug and personal experience I thought I post here.

Seems Beta is having a server issue again. So how many of the members have been experiencing this problem?
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

monkeyboy wrote:I know this is an old thread, but in light of the post at Rubberslug and personal experience I thought I post here.

Seems Beta is having a server issue again. So how many of the members have been experiencing this problem?
I still get it off and on practically on a daily basis.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah I have problems every day also. I expect it now so if Beta doesn't work I just do other things and check in later. Usually I can get back in if I come back a few minutes later. Sometimes it takes longer.

But every now and then the system kicks me out and I have to look up my password to log into the board again. I have to do that every few days or so.
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

I've been having this problem for about 2 weeks? or so now... was just a quick blip... but it's gradually gotten worse, from seconds to minutes, no hours at a time... :l and it does get annoying to me, happening in the middle of trying post something... :P
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Well, I got kicked off earlier today in the middle of trying to post. :roll: I thought it was just me having problems.