Having a Full PM In-Box

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Having a Full PM In-Box

Post by Keropi »

If your PM In-box becomes full, what happens if someone PMs you?

Does the oldest dated PM in your in-box get bumped off so that the incoming PM will be received?

Or will the incoming PM not be received at all leading the sender to think that you're ignoring them? :^^:
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How should I know.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Blah blah blah !

This is such an obvious attempt at showing you are more popular than I am, because I never had to delete a single PM from my inbox in the more than two years I am on board ! :x

:wink:

I don't quite know how it works here but on other forums which resemble the beta-structure, the sender gets a note saying the receiver's inbox is full.
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
RalphVboy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RalphVboy »

^ PM Sent :P

On a serious note, I have no idea what happens when the PM Box is full and new messages are sent to it. My guess is that it the new PM wouldn't be delivered :shrug

- RalphVboy
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Why don't you just delete some so you don't have to worry about it :?
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

glorff wrote:Why don't you just delete some so you don't have to worry about it :?
I do. But I asked more because I was wondering what happens if it happened on the other person's end.

Would I know if they even received my PM if their In-Box was full or not?

But since my In-box is usually hovering around 90-92 percent full, what happens if I got three or four PMs on the same day while I'm at work? The box would be completely full. I also asked because I want to know how much of a priority I should put into leaving enough space.

I am a PM packrat because I forget people and what they've done for me all the time if I didn't write it down. :(
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

I try to delete my PM inbox to make room every week, but I was behind on my outbox (I hadn't checked that in weeks). It seems that my outbox is 104% full LOL I didn't think it could go over 100%, but I guess I learn something new 8O

If you find the answer Keropi, let me know :)

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

If you want to, we could do a little experiement where everyone sends you a PM until your box is full, then we find out what happens. You just the message "got it" back, and if someone doesn't either get a message from you or beta, then that person posts here and we know that beta doesn't send anything. :shrug Want to try it?
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

This is an interesting question. I don't know what happens. My PM box(es) have never been anything approaching full so I honestly don't know what will happen. I can tell you that I have no control over how many messages makes a full PM box or what happens when you exceed it. As sad as this sounds, this should tell you how often I get or send PMs. I will go look at phpBB's website to see if there is an answer there.

-M
Last edited by magician on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

klet wrote:Want to try it?
That's a good idea. I thought about asking someone to do that, but I'd have to write down the info in those PMs first in case the PMs disappear by doing that. :?

Maybe later. I have a few things to do first such as post what anime I watched this week. Unless if there's someone else here with a full In-Box that wants to try out the experiment. :)
magician wrote:I will go look at phpBB's website to see if there is an answer there.
Thanks Magician.
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

Keropi wrote:I am a PM packrat because I forget people and what they've done for me all the time if I didn't write it down. :(
Me too!!! :D

I say we fill IGWT's PM box! He's obviously in need of some TLC!

Project: Fill IGWT's PM Box!!!
GO!
:run
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

aernath wrote:
Project: Fill IGWT's PM Box!!!
GO!
:run
:rollin

And how about we don't do that ? :D
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

Well.......I'll volunteer myself. I just cleaned my inbox, so I'm only 86% full. If you end up PMing me, make sure to note it here so we have a list. Klet's idea of PM'ing back "got it" sounds good.

I'm curious how much it holds....

So start the PM sending people :D

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

I've moved some PMs to the save box. I even have one from Sith-Krillin saved dated Jan 10th 2003. My oldest one is from Pudge dated Dec 30th 2002!
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Okay Ashura. I sent you three copies of the same PM. :D