Having a Full PM In-Box

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

That is interesting: Keropi said it sent me three copies of the same PM.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Go away Cloud. You're messing with the experiment. Otherwise I'd be able to just edit my last post. :(

Sent 4th-9th PM. They're now in my Sent Box.

EDIT:

Sent 10th PM 12:47 PM PST.
Last edited by Keropi on Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

OK See you later, Keropi
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

The testing is done!!!!!!!

Looks like my inbox holds 50 messages. The new ones come through, but deletes the earliest message that you have in the inbox. So I guess you will get the newest messages that are sent to you, but whatever you want to keep, you may want to transfer them to your save box or it will disappear into the great beyond!

It may be different for other people, but these are my results....

Many thanks to Keropi for Spamming me all morning lol *huggles*

Krafty, you are one funny man :P

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

So fifty is the standard then. I have 47 messages in my In-Box and it says it's 94 percent full.

Well that's good to know. Thanks for helping out Ashura. :D

Now I know what happens to PMs and that I only have room for three more PMs.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Cool! 8) This is an interesting thread. I have 45 messages in my inbox and it's at 90%. I would think it probably has something to do with the amount of space the message takes up. A pm that says "hi" probably takes less space than one that rambles on for 8 paragraphs.

I've also received double or triple outbox receipts when someone picks up their pm from me. I've always assumed that meant their pm inbox was full.

Then again, I could be completely wrong. I'm certainly not a computer expert.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

I don't think so DT, each message in your inbox takes up 2% regardless of how long it is.

You said you have 45 messages:

45 messages x 2% = 90%

Keropi had 47 messages:

47 messages x 2% = 94%, which means that he only has 3 messages left before he hits the max.

A full inbox of 50 messages:

50 messages x 2% = 100%
Last edited by Ashura on Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Why do you disagree?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Interesting, very interesting...
Good to know how it all works. I assumed that a larger ammount of text would have taken up more spce, like a regular email message. That's why I've refrained from sending messages with my siginature [esp if it's a graphic].

Thanks for hosting the test, Ashura. We can use you as the guinea pig for other experiments! Where did I put those pliers?...
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

to know how it all works is good, isn't it! I am not sure if I can quantify the answer. And then what happened. You know what you do when you assume!
-I, Robot (Asimov)
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I don't think it is a standard 50 for a full inbox because sometimes I only have half that many and my inbox is full. For a while there, I must have been Miss Chatty cuz I was emptying my inbox at least once a week, and sometimes I had lots of messages and sometimes I didn't have very many. At the time, I think I was getting pics from a few people... so my guess would be that the contents/length of the message does affect how much space it takes in your inbox.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Is that among the best things you can say?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I wonder if how many messages would fill your In-Box varied by the place Beta was webhosted? I dunno. I'm just trying to come up with explanations here. :shrug

How many messages are in your In-Box and what percentage is your In-Box at now Shellie? ?^_^?
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Oooh, that's a good theory, keropi! My inbox fits Ashura's theory perfectly right now. I just did a complete empty a few days ago, so I have 19 messages and I'm 38% full in my inbox. But all my current messages are short text messages too, so I'm not sure if that blows the experiment or not.

Send me your favorite pictures and I'll see if it fills up faster! :)