Beta demographics...

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

What other kinds of Beta demographics could we come up with besides:

1. age
2. where you live
3. how long you've been collecting
4. what type of "hentai" collector are you? :D
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

glorff wrote:I resemble that remark :wink:
Leave those of us with more life experience alone :?
Kids these days! You'd think someone would teach them to respect their elders! :P I earned every one of these gray hairs... by virtue of hanging around long enough to have the melanin drain back through the hair shaft and down into my body. And now you know where age spots come from. (yes, I am making this up.)

(aww heck, who am I kidding. I never did grow up and probably never will. Is this what they call 'arrested development'? :D )

Demographics, huh?

General size of collection (maybe in broad categories)
uh...

of course I hear demographics and I immediately am back to coding categories for the online survey. Race, Gender, Educational Level, occupation (they never have a box for "Radical Militant Librarian")

but ...

there has to be something more interesting
"The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life comes when dreams are surrendered to reality."
James A. Michener, The Drifters
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

""? Yes? You can never trust human clients.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

Keropi wrote:What other kinds of Beta demographics could we come up with:
How long you have to live until Baakay gets a hold of you. :P

Seriously though GB, gray hair adds appeal to the man, right ladies?

Right Ladies?? Image

{sigh}
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Are you asking about my [quoteKeropi]What other kinds of Beta demographics could we come up with[quote]

How long you have to live until Baakay gets a hold ?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

transmet wrote:Seriously though GB, gray hair adds appeal to the man, right ladies?

Right Ladies?? Image
Only in anime. :D Just think of all the sexy white-headed bishies out there . . . :love:
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Love is all we need.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Nothing wrong with grey hair, at least most of you HAVE hair. Rather than loose pigment, I just loose it altogether LOL

As for demographics, the only sensible option is to go along with Keropi's suggestion- list everyone's kinks, quirks and perversions :rollin

How about everyone lists their one favourite anime genre? . A few examples could be Futuristic, Historical, Comedy, Magical girl, Martial Arts etc

The other thing would be the "Triple S" chart [Sliding Scale of Sanity] but that's a little awkward to quantify.
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

Krafty wrote: The other thing would be the "Triple S" chart [Sliding Scale of Sanity] but that's a little awkward to quantify.
What is this "sanity" thing of which you speak? Is it something yummy to eat?
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

kymaera wrote:
Krafty wrote: The other thing would be the "Triple S" chart [Sliding Scale of Sanity] but that's a little awkward to quantify.
What is this "sanity" thing of which you speak? Is it something yummy to eat?
I don't know, sorry. According to the Spouzal Unit, the closest I've gotten to it in the 28 years we've known each other is to wave to it from across the room.
"The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life comes when dreams are surrendered to reality."
James A. Michener, The Drifters
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

Now don't mock gray hair. My first gray hairs appeared when I was still a sophmore in high school. As for age, I turned 40 last week.
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

lol! Me too! My friends pointed out to me when I was 14 "Hey! You've got grey hair here!"
:wink: That's why they're called friends. They point these things out to you. :P

Um. I'm 37. Going on twelve.
And a half.

What was the question?

Oh yes, where do I live?
Everyone tells me I live in my own little world.

Been collecting dust forever. Collecting cels over two years now.

There are different types of hentai? 8O
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I am trying to find out more about your personality.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Krafty wrote:How about everyone lists their one favourite anime genre? . A few examples could be Futuristic, Historical, Comedy, Magical girl, Martial Arts etc

That's a good suggestion although I think it's something that most of us would have a somewhat difficult time discussing. A common response given when I asked that in a thread sometime back was "I like a wide range of anime genres. I try not to limit myself to only a few."

kymaera wrote:Is it something yummy to eat?

That sounds like Air? :^^:

aernath wrote:There are different types of hentai? 8O

Hmmm...there hasn't been much variety in adult anime in the past two years has there? :(
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Has there really.
-I, Robot (Asimov)