Help, cannot stay logged in to Beta...

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Help, cannot stay logged in to Beta...

Post by Sugarflower »

I really don't know why. I've never had the problem in the past but for over a month now I have to login at least once every day or sometimes every couple of days.

When I check the option to save my username and password, I used to stay connected indefinitely. Now, even if I have this option in use, I eventually have to log back in and recheck the save option again for my username and password to be saved.

We have been using Verizon DSL for a couple of months now. I'm wondering if this is the cause since occasionally we have to reset our router when Verizon decides to play around with our internet connection.

Or could it be something in my computer, like a cookie or something.
I remember having problems when the forum went to .net for a short time but then went back to .com. Seems like this problem had also started around that time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's so frustrating to have to login and sometimes miss updated or new posts. :l
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: The Post Katrina Big Easy, Not quite as big but still just as easy.

Post by Lynxa »

I ALWAYS have this problem and I found a way around it.

When you log in click the "remember me" button. When you're logged in and get to the blue Beta front page with your avatar on the right hand side, bookmark that page. Everytime you hit the bookmark you'll be taken to that page and it'll be new with the number of new posts under your picture!

I've been using that trick for almost a year now. I just can't stay logged in any other way. :roll:
Chzbrgr of Doom Better than the show at this point.
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Do you have to bookmark it? 'cause if you checkmark the "remember me" box, you shouldn't have to use a bookmark at all. I never used to need to; but all of a sudden, now that I'm connecting to Beta with my computer, I can't ever stay logged in, even if I check the "remember me" box. I have cookies accepted and everything... I can't think of what else could be wrong. Any ideas? ^^;;
Zetsuai
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Zetsuai »

I also have the problem since 1 or 2 months ... I mark this "remember me" box every time, but it doesn't help ... I think this all began after the movement from anime-beta.net to anime-beta.com ...

maybe there is a solution for this problem ...
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Lynxa »

Yep, I still can't stay logged in without bookmarking the page after login no matter how many times I click "remember me" :l
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

I don't think it helps you, but when I run my spyware scan to remove cookies, the cookie to stay logged on Beta gets wiped out. There's something eating your cookie. :x Magician can help you out hopefully.
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What is eating your cookie ?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Cloud wrote:What is eating your cookie ?

The cookie monster. :P
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Lynxa »

Nope, as far as I can tell there never IS any cookie. I can log in with "remember me" clicked, read, go somewhere else, come back, and have to log in again. PLUS whenever I log in again I have to do it twice and it says there aren't any new posts whenever I do. :l
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Lynxa wrote:Nope, as far as I can tell there never IS any cookie. I can log in with "remember me" clicked, read, go somewhere else, come back, and have to log in again. PLUS whenever I log in again I have to do it twice and it says there aren't any new posts whenever I do. :l
That's exactly what it does to me too... It never used to. I can't figure out what's wrong. :l
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

So how have you guys been able to stay logged in?

Ever since Saturday or Sunday I haven't been able to stay logged in. At least Saturday or Sunday if I kept the same page open and kept refreshing it I would stay logged in, but now I can't even use that trick.

I've deleted all my temporary files, deleted my cookies manually and then with Spyware Doctor. I use the "http://www.anime-beta.net/" and "http://www.anime-beta.net/phpBB/" addresses and it still doesn't work.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How is he or she use the httpwww dotanime-betadot net and httpwww dotanime-betadot netphpBB addresses and it still broken?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

Keropi wrote:So how have you guys been able to stay logged in?

Ever since Saturday or Sunday I haven't been able to stay logged in. At least Saturday or Sunday if I kept the same page open and kept refreshing it I would stay logged in, but now I can't even use that trick.

I've deleted all my temporary files, deleted my cookies manually and then with Spyware Doctor. I use the "http://www.anime-beta.net/" and "http://www.anime-beta.net/phpBB/" addresses and it still doesn't work.
I've had the exact same problem. Wonder if it's a glitch on the .net site. Occassionally when I refresh I have to relogin as well.
ljupco
Kamisama - God

Post by ljupco »

This happend to everyone even me I am so mad :evil:
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

its been happening to me lately, and before it was fine. It was after the .com got changed to .net :? but im sure after couple of days itll start working again.