Help, cannot stay logged in to Beta...

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

I posted another thread about this but this has been problems to me for a while.... X| X| :hurt:
Cats rule!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How long? Why? : Japanese and also my name is very rare even in Japanese too l So sad said it posted another thread about this but this has been problems to you.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
hobbywhelmed
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by hobbywhelmed »

The problem I'm having for the last couple of days is that when I get a link to a watched topic in email, and click it, the page that comes up with the thread is an unlogged-in one. To make a post, I have to log in, then work my way back to the topic from the top page. And that's a trip too - Since I've never quite worked out how to reach the index page from the top, I usually just check an interesting subject thread from the sidebar scroller, read for a bit, then use the header to go one-step "higher" to the thread index page.

But now, after logging in, at the top page, when I check out a topic from the side-scroller, going to the top of the thread page and clicking one step "back" on the header (which should take me to the index page), does take me to the index page, but to an UN-logged-in index page!

For awhile today, too, when I clicked my desktop icons (one for the top page and one for the index page), all I got was a window asking me to log in, saying the site was under construction. But it wouldn't take my ID and password, and finally told me that either I wasn't authorized to see the page, or my browser was, in essence, too stupid to deal with things. Well, that second part is hardly a surprise, but still -- :?
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

hobbywhelmed wrote:For awhile today, too, when I clicked my desktop icons (one for the top page and one for the index page), all I got was a window asking me to log in, saying the site was under construction. But it wouldn't take my ID and password, and finally told me that either I wasn't authorized to see the page, or my browser was, in essence, too stupid to deal with things. Well, that second part is hardly a surprise, but still -- :?
I've been getting the same thing. Also, now it seems I have to log in almost every hour. Each time I refresh I get booted back to the login screen. I can't wait to get back to .com. :P
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Yeah, same here. When I refresh, I get booted to the login screen. :x
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Yap yap yap..... These have been happening to me for a while since I came back from Utah :x :x
Cats rule!
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

Anyone seeing the login box that says "under construction" is going to the .com address. I have that new site password locked intentionally as I am building it. You have to change all your bookmarks, icons, and whatever else you might use to get to beta to the .net address or you won't get here.

As for the login issues, they are cookie related. I deleted ALL my cookies Sunday night when I disabled the .com address, and I can remain logged into beta clicking every link except statistics. For reasons I can't figure out, that link logs me out. The album link is just broken, but all the other links leave me logged in. I can even use the "remember me" feature as long as I don't clear the new cookies (which I do every night).

I don't know what to tell you guys. If you can't or won't delete all your cookies, I can't give you any other fixes. If you can't or won't change your bookmarks, you will end up at the under construction login box on the new site and you won't be able to get into it. I have no other magic to offer other than rebuilding the new site as quickly as I can.

-M
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I know this is a silly question. :P Where are the cookies located so I can delete them?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

It seems to be working just fine now. So whatever you did Magician, thanks!

I didn't do anything on my end and whether I leave Beta or stay, I'm still logged in. /no1
Last edited by Keropi on Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Aw. Did I really?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Yeah it seems working now :) :) Thanks, magician :D
Cats rule!
hobbywhelmed
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by hobbywhelmed »

Well, the email watched-topic links say .net, not .com, but the page they bring me to is still unlogged.

On the good side, though, when I entered the login info after clicking reply, when I logged in, it brought me right to the reply box, rather than top page!
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

Sugarflower wrote:I know this is a silly question. :P Where are the cookies located so I can delete them?
Not silly. Going on the assumption that you're using Internet Explorer -

Go to Tools
Internet Options
In the middle of this pop up there are two buttons: one to clear cookies and one to delete files

Start fresh! I never have login problems because I do this once a month anyway. (yes, I have issues with clutter)

~ DW
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

Deadly Whispers wrote:
Sugarflower wrote:I know this is a silly question. :P Where are the cookies located so I can delete them?
Not silly. Going on the assumption that you're using Internet Explorer -

Go to Tools
Internet Options
In the middle of this pop up there are two buttons: one to clear cookies and one to delete files

Start fresh! I never have login problems because I do this once a month anyway. (yes, I have issues with clutter)

~ DW
Thank you for the help DW. I use Firefox but the cookies thingie was pretty much in the same area. I deleted them as well as several other things I've been wanting to delete for a long while. :)
vampyreshoujo
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by vampyreshoujo »

I was also having a problem with staying logged in, but I'm doing fine now that the cookies have been deleted. Thanks for the reminder, magician! I always keep forgetting about those darn cookies. X|