Had to say it...

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!

Do you think it is right for people to join beta just to sell their goods?

Yes
63%
No
38%

Total votes: 24

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

:topic

crackpot27, I just have to say I LOVE your avatar! :love2 :love2 :love2 That series just wasn't long enough. :)
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

As far as the initial question goes, I don't mind much at all. As long as they sell in the For Sale section, they can do what they wish.

As for Beta being an intimidating place...then don't post. There is no shame in choosing not to post on this board. However, do not blame others for your decision to lurk. It is YOU that needs to grow a thicker skin and venture out into the world. Beta is a microcosm of the population. It has its share of virtuous, funny, and smart people. It also has its share of loudmouths, jerks, and egomaniacs. In the real world, do you walk around with your head down, avoiding eye contact with passersbye in order to stay out of conflicts? Then why do it here? Post, or don't, but do not blame us for your choice. I don't post here much anymore, but I don't blame others for it. I work long hours, I don't collect much anymore, and (until recently) I had a love in my life. I'm not going to apologize for it, nor will I blame others. It's just the way it is. Like WC said, we are all wired differently and we need to stop avoiding each other out of fear of offending people. Unless you call me a filthy jackass in your post, your differing opinion will not be taken personally by me. We are living in a fear based society now. Everyone is being told what they can and cannot say, and words are being twisted in order to avoid understanding one another. If you are for the war, you are a monster. If you are against the war, you are a commie. If you want tighter borders, you are a fascist, and if you want immigrants to stay you are a liberal bleeding heart. Can't we just agree to disagree sometimes and take the time to learn about each other, rather than labeling ourselves? Anyway, that's my soapbox rant for the day.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I that needs to grow a thicker skin and venture out into the world?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

I [glow=violet]LOVE[/glow] :love2 the FOR SALE section!

Not only does it promise the opportunity to obtain new artwork and other sundry items of interest, it is usually invective free!!! :D
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

the people i was referring to (no certain individuals) probably wouldnt even look at this thread. I dont consider anyone who posted on this thread people who just post a sale and leave. Im just referring to the people who probably dont know anyone in this forum and just come here to make a sale. One lesson i learned from school (yeah i actually learned from school :P ) Before making a sale, you gotta build some trust and atleast know something about the person. Again im not targetting anyone in particular, heck i dont even know any usernames of individuals that do. But i do know that there are people who do that: just come to beta, advertise, and leave. People who usually wouldnt care if the other person is satisfied with the sale, as long as they got their money. The Golden Rule (learned from school again :) ) treat others like you want to be treated. Thats all im saying. I just want people to think about it. Am i trying to make enemies? everyone (well mostly everyone) knows that i am a very caring person and would like to be friends with everyone. I would never want to make an enemy, especially here in beta. that being said, i love you all. :D You guys are my second family :ghug:
crackpot27
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

duotrouble wrote::topic

crackpot27, I just have to say I LOVE your avatar! :love2 :love2 :love2 That series just wasn't long enough. :)
Thanks duo! /ho Riku's quite nice too /no1 And I agree, it would have been nice if the series went on a little more :run