You cannot make another post so soon after your last

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
hobbywhelmed
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by hobbywhelmed »

sensei wrote:

C'mon, Sensei, I think you're pushing your limit.

Nah, jus' one mor' post ... jus' one mor' an' then I'll log off fer th'night.

Yeah, man, I gotta do one more, just one more, I'm cool, I can quit after any sentence, you know - but c'mon, just a small post, ok? Not even a sentence, just a phrase and an emoticon or two, just to get me through the night - yeah, I'm attending the PAA meetings (Posting Addicts Anonymous), but c'mon, just a little post - a smiley. All I need's a smiley - or two - or the dancing banana - yeah, just the dancing banana and I'll log off -- I promise....
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

tex-chan wrote:Do not read Beta while eating watermelon. I'm never gonna get all these seeds outta my keyboard!
Heh ... serves you right for sprinkling pixie dust on my laptop keyboard ... Sensei continues to wave sparkly light dots away from around his head.

Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

I was going to start a thread about this but it seems one has already started. I am also annoyed with the time delay, even more annoyed that I can't edit my OWN POSTS! I'm not double posting, just editing an existing post which irks me because if I misspelled a word or two I have to let it sit there and have people look at it untill I can fix it.

On another note I think the delay is too long, I can post, then find another thread, read through the thread and want to post another comment but have to wait. I think that's too long, if someone is abusing the rules just warn them, don't change the whole system for a couple nits. At least that's my policy. :wink:
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What is stopping you?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Waiting to edit a post kinda bugs me too.

Is there any way to disable just that?
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
hobbywhelmed

Post by hobbywhelmed »

I was going to add something - but it's hot here and that lovely picture of chilled,fruit-topped cheesecake just burned out a posting synapse. Guess I'll just sit here and drool for a little while....
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Mission accomplished! Mwhahaha :evilblk
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Perhaps I'm not remembering correctly, but I think I remember reading somewhere here that this is just a glitch on the .net site and that it will disappear once we are up and running on .com again. So it's a temporary thing, and we shall be rewarded for our patience once beta.com has been restored to its rightful place in the universe. (or something like that! ;))
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Once more? You seem uncertain. I am surprised to hear that you are not remembering correctly but I think I remember reading somewhere here that this is just a glitch on the dot net site and that it will disappear once we are up and running on dot com.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Shell-bell, Magician implemented the time out to prevent people from double posting.
magician wrote:I've bumped it down to 2 minutes. We'll see how that works for a while...

-M
I think two minutes is still too long :bawl

Maybe 1 minute? or 90 seconds?

I like to open several threads and prep my comments, then post them all
at once, rapid fire style. Sometimes I prefer doing that because it feels
like I've spent an appropriate amount of time proof-reading my posts. But
I can't do that when there's a time limit between posts.
hobbywhelmed

Post by hobbywhelmed »

:box1:

I think he should make it 3 hours and 42 minutes, 17 seconds before Cloud can make a second post....

:kamehameha:
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I liek milk.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
hobbywhelmed

Post by hobbywhelmed »

Warning! Cloud's Prozac drip is running dry!

Please note: this message is being re-re-re-re-submitted within the Box of No-Posty!
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

:rollin

I'm with ya on the Cloud recommendation... he seems to be stalking my comments lately! :)

And I don't know where I came up with the "temporary .net glitch" hypothesis, toni! haha! Maybe wishful thinking!! :D I have been oh-so-patient with it because I just kept thinking, "if I hold on until we go back to .com, alllll will be well!" hee! Now I'm just irked cuz I HATE that "can't post again yet" thingy too!!!! I have to correct typos and phrasing a lot, and the delay bugs me. A Lot. (See... now you guys made me a grouch! I was happy with my little rose-colored glasses on! ;))

So add me to the list of "pleeeease, Magician... can we cut the time back on the double-posty thingy? Pretty please with sugar on top??" *begbegbeg*
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Why now? Only just? I am glad we have something (irked cuz he or she HATE that can not post again yet thingy) in common, weird no comments.
-I, Robot (Asimov)