Profile links

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Profile links

Post by Deadly Whispers »

Interesting. Hey, Magician - Click on the profile button in my post. Does it work for you? I'm using IE at the moment, and get the Page Cannot Be Found.

I tried this because a couple people in SilverCross's welcome thread can't either.

~ DW
Last edited by Deadly Whispers on Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I'm using Firefox and it's not working for me as well. :l
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

I had the same problem occur in the Contact Management section. I
was trying to send some people PMs, but it wouldn't let me do it from there.
I had to find members' posts and click PM from there to get it to work for me.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

I intentionally broke it about 2 hours ago. The core file that lets you view/change your own profile or view someone else's is also the file that is used to create new user accounts. I have had to delete 13 bogus accounts today alone due to goddamn registration bots. It seems some new bot technonlogy bypasses virtually all of the security coded into this damn software and lets bogus accounts galore be created. I have some code changes I will be trying tonight to confuse the damn things, but for now I have just renamed the file in question. Unfortuantely as you are seeing, it breaks the profile links. I will try to get it back online tonight.

-M
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What's your problem?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

web-bots like yourself, smartass.
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I think you need a hug Magician. :ghug: Thank you for putting up with our complaints, lol. :)
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

Thanks for the hug! I don't mind betarian complaints at all! I DO mind all the webscum out there that has nothing better to do than mess up other people's sites for their own personal gain. I make no money off Beta so why should I let complete strangers with no interest in the boards or anime in general make money by advertising their bs links?

Anyway....I made my code changes and re-renamed the profile file (say that 3x fast 8O) so the various profile links should work. Let's see if the code changes fool the scum.

-M
DevoVamp
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by DevoVamp »

magician wrote:web-bots like yourself, smartass.

:jump :jump

LOL!!!!! LOL!!!!!! I'm sorry, that totally cracked me up!!!! Yay magician for being right on the ball!! :hello :hippy

BTW: Does anyone know how to change the email address in your profile? I'm not using the one I registered with any more, and I'd like to change it, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that. I enter and confirm my password, (which I'm not changing) and it just doesn't seem to want to do it.

Any advice or suggestions? ;)
"Ah, the children of the night, such beautiful music they make!" -- Dracula

"God knows, freedom isn't simple." - Anne Rice
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

DevoVamp wrote:BTW: Does anyone know how to change the email address in your profile? I'm not using the one I registered with any more, and I'd like to change it, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that. I enter and confirm my password, (which I'm not changing) and it just doesn't seem to want to do it.

Any advice or suggestions? ;)
It sounds like you're in the right place to change your address, so I'm not sure what advice I can give. I do, however, have the ability to change it for you if you would like (and eliminate the hassle of you deactivating yourself should you manage it, because yes, that will happen with an e-mail change). Send me a PM with your new address. :)

~ DW
DevoVamp
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by DevoVamp »

PM sent. Thanks, DW!!!!

:yourock: :yourock: :flower :flower :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
"Ah, the children of the night, such beautiful music they make!" -- Dracula

"God knows, freedom isn't simple." - Anne Rice