Board style without a top pic

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Board style without a top pic

Post by Keropi »

Would it be possible to be create a non-reddish Board Style without a picture at the top?

It would be most helpful to me since I wouldn't have to scroll down several feet a day to be able to see the threads below. :D

Only do this if you have the time and it's not too inconvenient. It could be exactly the same as another non-reddish Board Style - just with the picture removed. :)
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

oh my. Me too. The new tops are a bit... "over the top"! :) I can't find one now that doesn't scare me. hee! The new ones also take up my entire laptop screen. I've been using Aeolus, but it's different now. I'd prefer to leave everything the same, but have the ability to take the graphic banner off altogether. (And if you are just experimenting for tonight, Magician, forget I said anything! I'll wait until the dust settles and see what the finished product is. No biggie.)
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

I use the adblock extension in firefox to block them (and some very
annoying signature pictures).
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I heard other people use the adblock extension in firefox to block them and some very
annoying signature pictures too.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

kymaera wrote:I use the adblock extension in firefox to block them (and some very annoying signature pictures).
Heh...I think by now I have just everyone's signature pics that are over 135 pixels tall blocked. I guess I'm just too lazy to scroll. :D

Unfortunately I'm not using Firefox. :(
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

have been asking for this for a year or so.... can't complain though since this site is free

i just visit less often
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

I can answer part of your question, shellster. These new banners are for Halloween, so they won't be around permanently. :D
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Oh you can, can you?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

Yes, I can.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Glad you can answer Cloud's and my question, Baylor! ;)

Thanks. I didn't think of it being a special Halloween theme thing. Sorry if I squashed someone's creativity there! X| Is it possible for at least one skin, though, to have a tiny banner or no banner at all? That would be exceedingly helpful for those of us with small screens. Thankyouthankyou!
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

shellie wrote:Glad you can answer Cloud's and my question, Baylor! ;)

Thanks. I didn't think of it being a special Halloween theme thing. Sorry if I squashed someone's creativity there! X| Is it possible for at least one skin, though, to have a tiny banner or no banner at all? That would be exceedingly helpful for those of us with small screens. Thankyouthankyou!
An idea like this is in the works for our big move. :) Hang in there just a little longer!

~ DW
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Will do! Thanks, DW! :)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

It could happen.
-I, Robot (Asimov)