Not receiving email notifications for PMs

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Not receiving email notifications for PMs

Post by klet »

Is anyone else having this problem? I logged in tonight to find that I had four pms. 8O Three of them were links to Midori's site, but hey. :P Made me feel special anyway. :D

Does this have something to do with Magician breaking the profile link?
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Deja vu! :D

http://www.anime-beta.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=19748

But I've noticed this new problem as well. I thought maybe it was my spam folder acting up again, but maybe that's not the case afterall.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Is it still his or her spam folder acting up again but maybe that is not the case afterall anymore?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

I haven't been getting PM notification emails either.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

It's not a spam issue, I check my spam box at least once a day. :?

Actually, I've been checking it more rabidly recently, since replies to cel gallery feedback will sometimes get eaten, and I'm trying to sell stuff right now. :P :evil: <--rabid klet
usamamo
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by usamamo »

Oh thank god! I though I had done something. Oh what a relief.
" I'm Usagi Tsukino, 16 years old...in the first year of high school. I'm a bit rash and a crybaby...but, I'm actually an agent of love and justice....pretty Sailor Soldier, Sailor Moon"
vapalla
Senpai - Elder

Post by vapalla »

I had a reverse problem; a few weeks ago I received a notification of a PM, but when I went to my box there was no message there! I don't know if I missed a message or not.
Visit our Cel Gallery!: http://cat.rubberslug.com/
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Joining the chorus.

I was surprised to find two pm's waiting for me here this morning as I had not gotten any notice.

Never a dull moment!
"The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life comes when dreams are surrendered to reality."
James A. Michener, The Drifters
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Ok I'll try not to do a dull moment too much.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

I entered some holiday contests recently and it caused my spam folder to fill up fast. Every 5 minutes I literally get 50 new spams in the folder, so I just assumed the PM notifications were lost somewhere in there too. I'm kind of relieved to know they are not getting lost. But now I'm sad that they are not coming at all! :O
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

I was wondering the same thing..... I am glad that I was not a lone :P
Cats rule!
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

I get it too...I'll log into the site and I'll have several PMs in my inbox. And I didn't get a notification through e-mail like I usually do. Guess that means I'll have to log-in to the site more often so I don't miss those PMs. ;)

Does anyone else get a problem of not receiving PMs? I had a few that went MIA and then I get another PM saying "HEY! Why are you ignoring me!" :x :evil: And my inbox, sent and received are all well below the limit.
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • "Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker." - Shinigami
  • "WHAT!??! Men in pink!? How bizarre!" - Vegeta
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I am not ignoring you. I am paying attention to you.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

I've had trouble with the phantom PMs as well. I don't know where they go, but they disappear for some reason. My box is also below the limit, but that doesn't effect new messages. New messages simply push the oldest messages out, effectively deleting the oldest items in your inbox. Still, not sure what's up with the ghostly PMs either.
Last edited by wELCOME cONSUMER on Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

It goes without saying. Still how long? I am chatting with clients on the Internet.
-I, Robot (Asimov)