Changing banner

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

So okay, now I'm really confused after reading this chain. What anime is the August banner from? :?
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
vampyreshoujo
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by vampyreshoujo »

duotrouble wrote:So okay, now I'm really confused after reading this chain. What anime is the August banner from? :?
Elfen Lied. The image is from its OP. :wink:
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

VAMPY!!!!!

*GLOMS*

Post edited: Because Tex needs to remember to lurk more on this board and post less. *shame vibes*
Last edited by tex-chan on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Thanks, Vampy! :friends:

That's what I was guessing but I wasn't sure. I've never seen it.

I'm with TC though. Can't wait until the next banner. :sweatdrop
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by metheus »

Not sure I can add much to the Klimt conversation. I've always liked the use of texture even if I'm not wild about most of his work.

On a side note, you could probably get better detail in using jpg rather than gif for the banner. The gif format is limited to 256 colors and doesn't handle complex images well.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What is on a side note you could probably get better detail in using jpg rather than gif for the banner like on a side note you could probably get better detail in using jpg rather than gif for the banner.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

metheus wrote:On a side note, you could probably get better detail in using jpg rather than gif for the banner. The gif format is limited to 256 colors and doesn't handle complex images well.
Unfortunately, the phpBB subsilver skin template requires the file to have a .gif extension. Monkeyboy did give me both file types - I could try to use the .jpg (renaming it) and see what happens . . .

~ DW
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by metheus »

Unfortunately, the phpBB subsilver skin template requires the file to have a .gif extension. Monkeyboy did give me both file types - I could try to use the .jpg (renaming it) and see what happens . . .
Ah, sorry I mentioned it now. At anyrate I have a nice reminder to watch the series now, sorta forgot about the DVD, one of the TRSI sale orders.
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Guyvar, I am going to do two things. The first is to leave the banner alone because mb took the time to make it, and, no matter the opinions, Elfen Lied is anime. The second is to leave your post alone, because everyone is welcome to their opinions.

However, to everyone: Please continue any further discussions that have nothing to do with Beta's changing banner (i.e. the content of the banner, or Klimt, or stealing fine art for anime) in the Speakeasy. Not here.

If you like, I think I can strip out a post or two to create a whole new thread in the Speakeasy . . . I think. *goes to look*

Thank you!
DW

**EDIT

Oooo, sweet, I can! Those who are interested in discussing Elfen-Klimt, send me a PM. If I get several, I'll create a new Speakeasy topic. :)
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

I agree Gonzai, but anime itself is pretty trivial and this is an anime-related board. Everything we discuss here is kind of trivial when you think about it. In general, we're not really allowed to talk about the emotional or hot button issues you mentioned. And, unfortunately, very few people are members of the speakeasy so conversation there has pretty much died. :l
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

All things we discuss here is kind of trivial when you think about it!
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

GuyvarIII wrote: I’m using the banner and previous comments to discuss what that image is and I’m providing links to back up my comments. That image is Klimt and it reflects on every member of Beta. Why can’t I discuss what it is where every member can see?

And I don’t even belong to the Speakeasy.
I'm asking everyone not to discuss it here, in this thread. Elfen Lied and their use of Klimt is off topic. I suggested the Speakeasy because, well, your post was the first to get heated. Notice how I left the discussions alone until then?

By all means, talk about it in General Anime. Just not my thread. :D There are currently 41 members in the Speakeasy. And I will start moving posts on my own to get my thread back on topic, because I'm planning for the thread to be here for a while. So . . . please?

I know no one asked to have the banner changed. But, speaking peer to peer, the comments of not being able to wait until September hurt my feelings. Mine. Simply because I'm trying to do something fun. I'm sorry this current banner image turned out to be a sore spot with the people I'm trying to do something fun for. I'm not being facetious, either. I do apologize.

Bravely, I shall continue my little game of banner-changeups until we get some new, permanent skins. Also, this thread was to put out there - if anyone else would like to donate banner images, please do! E-mail them directly to me and I'll put them in the rotation.

~ DW
vampyreshoujo
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by vampyreshoujo »

Deadly Whispers wrote:if anyone else would like to donate banner images, please do!
Are there any guidelines that need to be followed? (e.g. The dimensions should be no bigger than x.) :^^:
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

We welcome your donation to the ALICE AI Foundation. Please visit our contributions page at <a>Alicebot. org</a>.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

Cloud wrote:We welcome your donation to the ALICE AI Foundation.
There you go. Just bribe Cloud and you can have any image you want as the banner ;)