Enough already!

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

I'd like to see this thread locked and/or deleted, and here's why.

The forum is described thus:
" Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions "

Well... a gripe was brought. It was discussed very calmly and politely by the person who brought it. The reasons it was brought up publicly were explained.

The thread seems to have disintegrated into name calling and foul language. Which I find MUCH more offensive than the original issue.
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

It seems to me that things have calmed down since the recent emotional spike. If anything will happen to this thread, it will move to Speakeasy, but not be locked or deleted.
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Baakay wrote:

Well... a gripe was brought.
It's meant for gripes about the forum, not a member. And it was hypocritical to do so in the first place.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

[quote]

it was hypocritical to do so in the first place? Very interesting.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

blueheaven wrote:
Baakay wrote:

Well... a gripe was brought.
It's meant for gripes about the forum, not a member. And it was hypocritical to do so in the first place.
Not necessarily. :) What if there is something that can be done to the boards themselves about the complaint? This is how the Buddylist and the Speakeasy came into being, by threads being brought forward as suggestions for the whole of Beta.

You never know what magic Magician might pull out of his hat.

Everyone is pretty divided on this issue, from those who don't care to those who share in the gripe. And, right now, nothing is going to be done to change the rules we have in place or to code anything into Beta to stop bump posting. The issue isn't closed yet between the mods, but that's where we all stand right now.

~ DW
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

magician wrote:If I may offer a solution.
Perhaps it was overlooked the first few times that I replied, but the ignore option is not a solution. I tried it, but it didn't work. Every thread still gets bumped and marked as new. I like the ignore option and it works well to block people who at least have reasonable posting patterns. For example, it's pretty much well-known that I have blueheaven ignored due to past disagreements and the fact that he keeps continually taking potshots at me well after the incident is over. Since he is at least a responsible poster in that he doesn't go and bump entire forums at one time, I can ignore him and only get a false bump every once in a while. He still gets to make his potshots and I don't have to pay attention to them. We're both happy. There are other people that do things that annoy me...as I'm sure that I annoy others at times. The main problem that I've had in this case is the frequency and volume at which it happens. When a person is a prolific poster and bumps multiple threads even on a slow day and entire forums whenever they get bored, the ignore option doesn't work as well.

To be honest, the Speakeasy didn't even cross my mind. I had it in my mind that the forum was geared towards really controversial things like religion and politics which I don't care to discuss. I did not sign up for it and thus, have no idea whether the person in question has or not. If anything is done to the thread, please either lock or delete it. I do not have access to the forum and if the subject needs to be discussed there, please make a new thread for it.

In fact, it would probably be good to at least lock it now as there's been nothing new added to the discussion in a while. It's branching out into side topics, snipes and other disagreements.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I've always thought that Speak easy was a scary place to be /wah

But thanks to all your comments, those misconceptions are all gone! Speak Easy looks like a wonderful place!

It's not a stinky shoe at all! :vict
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

Goldknight wrote: Only three people asked initially.
I was one of those three. :D

I remember a thread a while ago about how people were not posting enough and the community was slowing down because of it.

If you give a person a million bucks they'll complain that you didn't give em a sack to carry it in. :^^:
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
Super Cell
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Super Cell »

aww man, I read this thread so carefully and I still couldn't understand anything that is going on /wah

I'm just mad,... I mean glad that this is all better now! :D
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

I must admit that I find it bothersome to sort through 80-100 posts everyday when I get home from work. Today is even worse because it's been a couple days and now there were over 500 posts (and this one thread is 6 pages long).

While I generally don't get bothered by kind wishes, I do understand that some people may be more bothered than others.