Enough already!

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Enough already!

Post by kymaera »

I'm all for being fun and friendly, but there's a difference between participating in the forums and trying to dominate them. There is absolutely NO NEED for a person to comment on EVERY thread at least once, if not multiple times...usually to add stuff of absolutely no substance. I'm guessing that just from this bit that 90% of the posters know who I'm referring to without me having mentioned a name or any other details yet. That's how bad it is.

There's the general irritation of trying to constantly filter out real posts from a "Good luck with your sales" post bumping up every thread in the "for sale" forum. This is to the point where it's become a joke. Another poster on here made the comment to me that "I couldn't believe it! It sold so fast that X didn't even get to post in the thread!". But it gets really frustrating trying to separate out real posts from the spam when entire pages of posts are bumped at once..and this occurs frequently. I know that I'm not the only poster on here annoyed with this person as yet another poster made the comment that "I wish I could make a post without X peeing on it to mark their territory."

I apologize to those who may be offended by the disturbing of the general happy fun atmosphere here, but I'm tired of this constant grating on the nerves of myself and others.
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Hey, if you can't take the heat...

As a great man once said, "lighten up, Francis."

As long as the people on this board aren't spamming the place with negative messages, who cares?! And from what I've seen, each of the posts you are referring to fits the general tone of the thread or, at the very least, is positive. I have been a member of this board two years longer than you, and yet you have nearly 1000 more posts than I. You don't see me telling you to hold back. I guess what I'm saying is, who cares?!
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Labinnah

Post by Labinnah »

Jeez, I didn't think someone could hate Cloud THAT much... :P
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

:-)
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
sletia
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sletia »

I have NO idea who you're referring to. ^^;
~Hellmaster-sama~
Rabid collector of the little demon
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

Oh don't mind me :D

*pees in corner*

Been great, Gotta go :D
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

sletia wrote:I have NO idea who you're referring to. ^^;
Prob me /sob
Cats rule!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

All of them?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I'm so jealous... there's the Soap avatar, Vash, Celbrandigo, and even Cloud has an avatar! /wah

Anime-Beta is a family! And brothers and sisters have to fight all the time... it's a rule of nature. You can look at anime for examples! But even if a family fights... deep down inside kym-chan really loves her... /kis

p.s. I'm about 99% sure it's not you kittens...
Last edited by RoboFlonne on Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

There sure is.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

RoboFlonne wrote: p.s. I'm about 99% sure it's not you kittens...
LOL I know... Thank you :) :) But you know, I am the biggest spammer in beta :P :P
Cats rule!
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

And so, with a sneaking suspicion . . .

Post by Deadly Whispers »

Not that I'm saying anyone should HAVE to, but just out of curiousity, has anyone brought this up directly with the offender in a PM or e-mail? The complaint is valid - peeves are peeves, you know? - but doesn't sound like it breaks any rules, so I can't really step in. Spam, in my definition, has nothing to do with the original thread or hijacks the original thread.

Is it really necessary to spread a general air-out on the board?

~ DW

(Nope, not trying to quash this, not warning anyone, not threatening to move this or lock it. I'm honestly curious.)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

For real. That is a rather sweeping generalization about people.
-I, Robot (Asimov)