Question about PM messages

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Question about PM messages

Post by hyelakingsfan »

What happens when it gets full?

Say my SENTBOX folder is at 100%, does that mean that the next couple of PM's arent going to get through until i delete the others? Same with the others too. If my INBOX is full, does that mean that no other PM's are going to come?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

We experimented with this earlier. :)

If your inbox gets full and someone sends a PM to you, the newer PM will bump off the oldest PM in your inbox. So if you don't want to lose the info from your oldest PMs I'd suggest saving them to a folder like I do.

We didn't experiment with the sendbox, but I would guess that new PMs sent by you would bump off the oldest send PMs.
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

Is there a way to create a new folder? My save folder is almost full as well and I'm just flat out running out of space. I like to save some of the PM's I get as future reference, and I've already gone through and deleted irrelevant ones. I'm down to what I really want to keep, but running out of a place to put it. :(
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • "Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker." - Shinigami
  • "WHAT!??! Men in pink!? How bizarre!" - Vegeta
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The way I save my PMs is this:

1. I go to my message box.
2. I place my mouse pointer over the link to the PM I want to save.
3. I click my left mouse button and choose "save target as".
4. I save the html document to the Anime Beta folder I created.

I have an Anime Beta PMs folder and in that folder I have a "In Box" folder and a "Sent Box" folder. I save the messages by date, name of the person and slight description of its contents such as:

"from sakamoto 02122007 YJ seller links"
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How do you like my message box at my message box ?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)