PMs! Don't you hate it when...

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

PMs! Don't you hate it when...

Post by SME »

you finally decide to clean out your inbox because it's increasing to the 100% threshold, and you realize you didn't reply to 4 or 5 PMs??!??!?!? 8O :evil:

Happened to me today. I felt like a complete dolt. I know it's been talked about before, but is there really no way to increase the size limit of PM inbox limit? I only ask because I know I might have had one or two PM's bumped off that I didn't reply to at all, and now those people probably think I'm trying to ignore them or something.

I'm usually really good at keeping up with PMs, but when you do a gallery offer or something that will require lots of feedback, that PM box can fill up real quick, regardless if you keep up with it or not.

Anyone else have their share of PM box horrors? Or am I the only one? :P

Edit: The snowflakes! :evil: I love them because they are pretty and add life to the board, but they are driving my computer bonkers! And the horizontal scroll bar keeps popping up whenever a snowflake is off to the sides! Ahh!
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • "Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker." - Shinigami
  • "WHAT!??! Men in pink!? How bizarre!" - Vegeta
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

@@;

The only thing I can think of for me is it getting full and some getting bumped as well... X| Common problem I suppose ^^;
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I use the "Save page as" function on Mozilla firefox and I keep my pm's on my harddrive!!!

But if I can buy more pm space I would pay like $2.99 per month or $19.99 per year for more pm space!!!

:vict

Hmm.... Magician wanna make some money!!
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

I always forget to prune my inbox, so it's full of old stuff. This is no one's fault but my own tho. :x
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Kujaku
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Kujaku »

Yep, I had that problem, but then I started to save the important ones in a folder on my computer before deleting them. Though when I do have a sale, that doesn't always work because sometimes it gets full before I could save the ones that got bumped X|
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

he he,
i would sell all of you my PM space as i rarely use it :P
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

I figured out how to do something cool! (thanks, M)

Okay, for those of us who are always losing PMs before we're ready, I have upped the three boxes (In, Sent, and Saved) to hold a maximum of 100 PMs each.

However, let's all keep an eye on our boxes, because the PM database isn't like email. PMs do need to be cleaned out regularly, please. But this should at least help the continually-growing activity on the boards. :)

~ DW
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

Deadly Whispers wrote:I figured out how to do something cool! (thanks, M)

Okay, for those of us who are always losing PMs before we're ready, I have upped the three boxes (In, Sent, and Saved) to hold a maximum of 100 PMs each.
Woot! Thank you so much M and Deadly Whispers! Yay! Now my PM's won't go into the abyss, never coming back... :D :love: :D :^^: Thank you guys again for helping out, I (and I know others too) really appreciate it! /no1
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • "Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker." - Shinigami
  • "WHAT!??! Men in pink!? How bizarre!" - Vegeta
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

That is Very Cool. Thank you so much for doing that for us!!!
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

Deadly Whispers wrote:I figured out how to do something cool! (thanks, M)

However, let's all keep an eye on our boxes, because the PM database isn't like email. PMs do need to be cleaned out regularly, please. But this should at least help the continually-growing activity on the boards. :)

~ DW

Sweet :D

Thanks so much for doing that!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Huh. To me it is a bit of a surprise.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Re: PMs! Don't you hate it when...

Post by transmet »

SME wrote:Edit: The snowflakes! :evil: I love them because they are pretty and add life to the board, but they are driving my computer bonkers! And the horizontal scroll bar keeps popping up whenever a snowflake is off to the sides! Ahh!
If your using firefox and have the ad-block plus plug-in installed, you can "catch" one of the snowflakes as they fall using right-click and choose to block the gif.

I'm such a Grinch. Image