Idea: Avatar Gallery

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Idea: Avatar Gallery

Post by miz ducky »

I didn't notice a place where we could use pre-made avatars (maybe it's there and I missed it).

What if there was a section in the Gallery for people to upload avatars that they would like to share? Then people who see something they like could copy it to their comp and use it via upload or they can host it, and use that option.

Just a thought.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Try it and see.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

I would, but I'm not an admin.
JuniorMintKiss
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by JuniorMintKiss »

I'm all for this idea. It sounds really fun. I've made some avatars that I'd like to share.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

I know that when I first joined, there was an avatar gallery. Maybe it got lost in the move between hosts a while back? It wasn't very big (maybe 20 pics) and users couldn't add to it, though.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Oh. It seemed like big maybe 20 pics and users could not add to it.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Until such time as we get one here, you could always use one or fifteen from kymaera's collection. He has about a buhmillion avatars. Of course, they're all FEMALES. :x (Well, that's not entirely true now. He has indeed snuck a few random males in there if you look hard enough. ;))
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

We used to have an avatar gallery here. But I think it was when we were switching versions, DW had a lot of polls for us to vote on what to keep and what could get trashed. Avatars went away due to the polls.

Personally, I enjoy making my own for here but I know on other sites I benefit from an avatar gallery. :^^:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
JuniorMintKiss
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by JuniorMintKiss »

http://www.geocities.com/levon_r/LevonsAvatars.html

There's a great selection there as well. I picked up some nice Bleach ones.