PM arriving 2 years 6 months late?

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

PM arriving 2 years 6 months late?

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Okay, I'll admit that I don't use the PM feature very often. When I receive PMs, I immediately reply and then delete the message. My inbox is usually empty. Today, I got a message from RoboFlonne. When I tried to reply to the message, it bounced me back to my inbox...and displayed a new, unread PM from July 29th, 2005 from Sakura-chan. Um - can someone please explain this to me? Is my inbox possessed?

[edit] checking just now...BOTH messages have disappeared from my inbox and have magically moved to my savebox. I have never clicked on this folder until now, so cannot explain their transference. :? I deleted them both and am now waiting to see if anything else unexplained will happen :D
Carla
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Carla »

:wave: I got a PM notification too today :^^:

I feel so special :P
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: PM arriving 2 years 6 months late?

Post by JWR »

ReiTheJelly wrote:Okay, I'll admit that I don't use the PM feature very often. When I receive PMs, I immediately reply and then delete the message. My inbox is usually empty. Today, I got a message from RoboFlonne. When I tried to reply to the message, it bounced me back to my inbox...and displayed a new, unread PM from July 29th, 2005 from Sakura-chan. Um - can someone please explain this to me? Is my inbox possessed?

[edit] checking just now...BOTH messages have disappeared from my inbox and have magically moved to my savebox. I have never clicked on this folder until now, so cannot explain their transference. :? I deleted them both and am now waiting to see if anything else unexplained will happen :D
The scene stops . Rod Serling steps into frame and starts his monologue "A young female logs into one of her favorite website and starts recieving messages from her past........"
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Grico
Kamisama - God

Post by Grico »

Wow, I hope that wasn't an emergency PM...
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

"Help me...why won't anybody help me? Arghh!!!"

8O :D
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

As you might have guessed, I don't come around much anymore. Usually just long enough to put up snowflakes and back up the database.

There's probably a backlog of messages on the webserver that are being sent to invalid email accounts. People come and go here, and the email addresses in their profiles don't get changed. I'll try to clear things out sometime this week.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Everything seems to be working fine now. It must have just been a weird glitch. :D
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

5839 email messages were sitting on the host's server. Most were spam, but many were undeliverable errors. I cleaned them all out. I also ran maintenance on the database which needed some attention. Hopefully that will take care of these PM demons.

-M
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.