What is 'medals'?

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

Medals still isn't ready for prime time. The code is still incomplete, and I now have some housekeeping to do here before I can get back to it. There's yet ANOTHER code upgrade to the forum software (this will be the 20th since I took over coding duties here several years ago) and some scripting to do to try to beat the damn bots that keep creating the bogus accounts.

My time is tight these days as I'm working on obtaining one of the most difficult IT certifications out there, the CCIE. I promise not to let these go forever, but it will probably be another month or so before I get back to polishing the medals code.

Keep on me though.....don't let me ignore it!!! :P

-M
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Good Luck getting your CCIE!! I still hope to get my CCNA one of these days (but its not necessary until I retire from the military and by then I'll probably want a step higher anyway).
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

In any case, What would make you stop hope to get his or her CCNA one of these days but its not necessary until he or she retire from the military and by then he or she will probably want a step higher? Why do you want my CCNA one of these days but its not necessary until I retire from the military and by then I will probably want a step higher?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

That kinda almost makes sense, sorta.
I wouldn't need to get any certifications if I married a sugar daddy and I didn't have to work. But since I like my work, I would probably still go for it.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

magician wrote: I promise not to let these go forever, but it will probably be another month or so before I get back to polishing the medals code.

Keep on me though.....don't let me ignore it!!!
Something got me looking at this again link this morning, and I was wondering if this feature had ever been moved any closer to being implemented, or at least demystified.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I've been wondering about this too. :D
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

There's someone behind you.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
sensei

Post by sensei »

. . . . waiting to pin a medal to your backside. Image
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I thought that maybe you get a medal if you accumulate enough kudos or reputation points for contributions to the board. :)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I hereby award Sensei a "No-Medal" for meritorious service to the Anime-Beta Board. /no1 :yay

Sorry...I just had to say that. :)
sensei

Post by sensei »

OW!

Ooo ow ouch ow ow owie thanks Keropi!