Recent Post/log in Issues

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Recent Post/log in Issues

Post by iwakuralain16 »

Is anyone else having log in issues? This has happened to me at home and also at work. I log in with my ID & password and then it just resets the page... So I log in again and the site accepts it but then it tells me there are 0 recent posts when I know there are recent posts. O_O!!!

I thought it was just my computer at work but it happened to me on my laptop and desktop at home. Maybe the site just hates me? :l LOL
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Re: Recent Post/log in Issues

Post by RoboFlonne »

iwakuralain16 wrote: I thought it was just my computer at work but it happened to me on my laptop and desktop at home. Maybe the site just hates me? :l LOL
Image I always log in from the forum page and not the main page and it's always worked!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The only problem I've been having lately is if I click and back out of threads too quickly I get a "this website is unavailable" gray screen. I've gotten that screen four times in the past two weeks.

So now I save the CPU and click the thread links m..o..r..e....s..l..o..w..l..y.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Nope, no problems here. I always login through my pm. I've never had a problem. :^^:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

I haven't had those troubles with this site, but I have on others.
My solution then was to click a link that asked me to log on so that the page history/cookies would be there before I logged in.
As opposed to just logging in from the front page.
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

This used to happen a lot in years past. The cookie is set up for http://www.anime-beta.com. The problem is you can also access the site and log in by dropping the www and going to http://anime-beta.com. I think that by hitting the site without the www and logging in, you update your account's last login time, but the site doesn't see the cookie correctly which redirects you to the www.anime-beta.com site. You log in again, which updates your account's last login time again and you see 0 new posts which is technically correct since you've now logged in twice in a very short period of time.

I haven't seen this since making sure all my bookmarks have the www in them. Give that a try and see if it works any better.

-M
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

yes and it is driving me crazy! i am getting this error message:

"phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '-1' for key 2

INSERT INTO phpbb_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES ('b32a054800865aa69775b46b6676df0b', -1, 1219098528, 1219098528, '475cd290', 71, 0, 0) "
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

De bug

Post by kathpatty »

I also get the weird...can't find site page a lot lately 8O :O
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Also? Where did you get it?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

Ahh me too!! i didn't want to complain though because my retarded issue with logging in ~_~ LOL
lcatino

Post by lcatino »

Caroline wrote:yes and it is driving me crazy! i am getting this error message:

"phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '-1' for key 2

INSERT INTO phpbb_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES ('b32a054800865aa69775b46b6676df0b', -1, 1219098528, 1219098528, '475cd290', 71, 0, 0) "
I get the same thing pretty often. I didn't know if it was my internet settings or not. Glad it's not just me! ^^
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

It isn't just y'all. The mods/admin are looking into it.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

Guys, there's nothing we can do about it. There never has been, which is why we've been getting that particular error for years now. Granted, some months it's worse than others. The critical error means that at the moment you try something - click a link for anything - you're sending a query to the SQL database and the database is unreachable. It's unreachable because our host is doing something on their end.

Look at it this way.

You have a glass of water. You get into the passenger seat of someone else's car and put the glass in the cupholder. You want the water to stay in the glass, but you can't control the motion of the car. Sometimes, it's going to spill if the driver takes a turn too sharp. X|

Basically, our host causes us no end of issues. Nothing is actually critical, just a pain in the rear.

~ DW
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

It seems we can never find a good host. They start off just fine and then BOOM! Anyhoo....I've opened a ticket with them to tell them it's becoming a problem yet again so FIX IT! We shall see what happens. :roll:
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Well the forum should be fixed now. The host says the database has been fixed....

Hold your breath....... :roll: