Enough is Enough.. Regarding Sell Threads...

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Enough is Enough.. Regarding Sell Threads...

Post by EternityOfPain »

Not sure if I am the only one, but I am sick of seeing the same people creating new threads for the same cels etc they are selling. I opt for a limit to be instated the # of sell threads each user can create within a set time frame.. For example no more then 1 sell thread a month or so.

Furthermore, I think there should be a rule in place as far as bumping your sell thread. Maybe once or twice max? Honestly I am just sick of seeing the same sell threads being bumped time and time again, and the same users creating additional sell threads for no apparent reason...

This is my suggestion.
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

HA - I waited a month in-between my posts! :P
MDKiller1
Senpai - Elder

Post by MDKiller1 »

I know what you mean. Im one of the people that have posted threads over and over. But I have also tried to edit my main thread so I dont have to start a new one. However everytime I try lately I keep getting an error and it wont allow me to. There for I made a new thread that had prices. So people wouldnt have to scroll way down to see the prices I added. Just thought it would be easier for the person looking at the thread.

I dont know why it hasnt been letting me edit my main thread lately. But if you notice I have been doing that in the past.
"Look what I'm offering you-- your dreams I ask for so little. Just let me rule you, and you can have everything that you want. Just fear me, Love me, Do as I say, and I will be your slave"
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I think that would bother me too if I were reading all those threads.

The chance of me ever wanting to buy something from them so tiny that I mainly only read the thread headers. Usually I only click them when the seller is a known sketch purchaser.

:topic

I wish I could eliminate all those YJ sketch thumbnails that I can't see properly until I click them. It's a big waste of time clicking the same auction over and over again when they're relisted. :(
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Well I just figure the increase in sales threads go hand in hand with the major downturn in the economy. Unfortunantly most are finding it very hard to sell what they are willing to part with at prices even close to what they paid.

I expect things will be a little more dificult as Tax Season approches.

I tend to click on a sales thread once , see if there is anything from I collect , if not then I pass over them no matter how many times they get bumped and just view the threads that interest me.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

It's a tough time lately ...and if it will help people make some money that they need, I do not mind the posting.
It is easy to bypass what you do not want to look at and look if you want
I do not see the need to limit on the postings....like on TV if it offends...skip the channel :wink:
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

I can understand how it can be a pain to click the sale section, just to find out that it is the same sale that you have already checked out.

I don't know how to get around it fairly. The economy is forcing a lot more people to sell so threads drop lower on the list a lot faster than they used to. A person could put up a sale thread and within a few hours it has dropped to third or forth (where before it would stay in the 1 or 2 position for days). I suspect this makes them want to bump their thread more frequently.

I generally watch for new threads. Once I have seen what someone is selling and make up my mind, I do not go back to the thread, even if its bumped. I probably miss stuff that way, but it is kind of a pain to keep reading the same thing repeatedly. I treat repeat threads the same. If its been a month or so since I have seen the seller I will assume its a different sale and take another look.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

its not hurting anyone, and if it helps our fellow AB members, whats wrong with that?

just dont look inside the threads, thats all.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I don't really have a problem... Image

In sales... Usually the cels I want is sold in an hour or 2 after it's posted!!!

So I don't mind people bumping or making new threads.

It keeps the forum busy... It's like an active community! I like the way how threads go up and down...
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

First, I have no problem with the fact that its tough times and some are trying to make ends meet with additional sells etc. But this problem has not just started recently but has been going on for as long as I can remember (I simply decided to make a thread about the topic now, thats all).

My point is, there are people here who regardless tough times or not, have to understand that after bumping there threads, or showcasing the same cels/sketches over and over, if no one has bought them from the first X number of "for sale" threads, then you (as a seller) need to understand that it simply wont sell. This board is not full of thousands of members, I mean get real, the people who are active have seen them by now.. uh.

Its got to a point where Its rare (but happens) that actually someone *new* is selling something and I am sure i am bound to miss it through the mists of all the bumping of the same galleries over and over.

Finally, I hope that those of you who do this, in that you keep bumping and reposting threads understand that if you keep at this, when you actually have something new to sell no one is going to bother checking your thread due to knowing you as the person who "always is selling the same stuff."

/End rant.
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

well, I know I have picked up a few sweet pieces from AB members who posted here, to each their own I guess.....
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

I get annoyed with the same posts over and over again but I do check them anyways... just in case prices are lowered or if they have dug up a new item or two. This has been going on for months and months so i am used to it...

I dont think EoP has anything against people selling stuff on AB... it is just the same people posting/bumping the same threads once a week if not more frequent than that. A good way to look at this is if the boards become really slow we will at least have those sales posts once a week to keep things alive. 8)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

iwakuralain16 wrote:A good way to look at this is if the boards become really slow we will at least have those sales posts once a week to keep things alive. 8)
That would be like that anime/manga place. Lol :D
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Well, some people, like myself, actually edit our subject lines to let you know when new stuff has been added or prices changed. I look at it this way. If I don't see an edited subject, I assume nothing's changed and move on. :wink: I'm sure I miss stuff too but I'm not really buying now so . . . :)

You could also do something else I do to help ease your pain. I don't typically go into the sections themselves. I use the "new posts" on the home page and individually go into threads. Bumping makes no difference there really. :^^:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

The sudden inflation of sale pages don't bother me since I know that times are tough with the economy and all. There were some days where I came here and there would be nothing but sale threads in the new post section, didn't bother me at all(though I did make an animanga joke about it :P ).

When I had my sale page, I would only bump to inform people what's on hold, what's sold, when they are shipped and if anything new has been added. If it's been a while since I've updated it or I'm too lazy to do a search I'd make a new thread.