Homepage screencap

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Homepage screencap

Post by Keropi »

Is anyone getting this page when they type in http://www.anime-beta.com/ ?

I've only gotten it twice so far. Usually I never get this page. Usually it just automatically goes over to http://www.anime-beta.com/phpBB/portal.php I've never got this page anywhere else. Did something change?

I think I've gotten this page twice in about thirty tries.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Nope, I've never seen that before.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

ive gotten it before but only a few times.
i dont think that it was when i just typed in "ab dot com" … i have a direct link here on my home and work computer. i cant remember what were the circumstances that i did see that page. sorry! X|
Last edited by Belldandy16 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Oh. That's okay. Maybe you will think of it later.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by MidniteKitten »

I get the same page anytime I try and log on from a mobile phone or mobile connection. Except mine is all about Depro-Vera...
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Where did you get it?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Thanks! Glad to hear it's not just me seeing that page. :D

The website host must be doing some advertising or something.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Hmm.. that doesn't look like typical legitimate advertising to me -- that looks like spammer advertising, and definitely something for the folks who own anime-beta to be concerned about. X| At least I'd be concerned, especially if it isn't something that I put there.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, that page is coming up for me all the time now. :(

Basically I type in:

http://www.an

...all the time and Firefox adds the rest of the URL automatically. But now instead of auto switching to the portal it just stays on that advertising page. So now what I'm doing is typing it in and going to the portal page URL that pops up instead.

No big thing there.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I've noticed the past two days that now I'm having difficulty reaching the main homepage. It used to be if I entered:

http://www.anime-beta.com/phpBB/index.php

I used to get the Welcome main page and see the scrolling newest updated threads on the left side of the screen. Now I'm just getting the BBS. Is something eating into the script or something?

That advertisement for medicine is still on the http://www.anime-beta.com page.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Though I personally have not run into this issue, after reading your latest post, Keropi, I checked out anime-beta.com using a DNS checking tool.

I found it interesting that the data received from anime-beta.com's server showed the same drug advertisting junk that you've said you're seeing. So, I decided to do a little test. I took a little script that I wrote that can access a URL (including redirected URLs) and read/copy all the data (HTML) from that URL (this is the data that would be sent to your browser to display a web page) and stored the contents of what my script downloaded to a temporary file on my web server.

What my server sees is exactly what you're seeing. Drug advertising. If you or anyone else wishes to see it, I have it stored here for now:

http://www.zero-space.net/junk.txt

I guess I find this whole situation rather disturbing ... though I can't tell if it's a case of DNS cache poisoning or what. GK did say that beta's having some issues, so perhaps this is related? I hope they resolve it soon.

:?
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Beta is having a lot of issues. :roll: We've got Magician on the case. :wink:
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Are they exactly the same?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Goldknight wrote:We've got Magician on the case. :wink:
Yay...sounds good. :)
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Wooo! :) Thanks, GK! I'd be interested to hear what ends up being the issue, but I figure he probably won't post it, huh? The geek in me is insanely curious. :emb