anime-beta.com not redirecting anymore?

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

anime-beta.com not redirecting anymore?

Post by zerospace »

Does anyone else come to Beta by just visiting Anime-Beta.com? Sometime late yesterday, when I visit Anime-Beta.com (rather than coming straight to anime-beta.com/phpBB/), it no longer redirects me to the forum's portal page. Instead I get an index of files and folders.

Is anyone else seeing this?
Cordelia
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Cordelia »

Ditto. I came via a bookmarked link so it was ok. But if I visit by typing anime-beta.com, i see folders.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Oh good. It isn't just me, then. :) My bookmark is for the main URL (anime-beta.com), so whenever I come by way of bookmark, I get the folder list. X|
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

I reported to the Admin that the link to the site seems to have been hacked for this displays when you search in google.

Anime-BetaBuy Effexor Online · Buy Effexor · Buy Effexor Xr Generic · Buy Cheap Effexor Xr · Buy Cell Phone Online Effexor Canada · Buy Effexor Xr No Prescription ...

So I expect that the link will be down for a bit while this gets corrected.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Well, if the index page has been taken down on purpose, any folders that don't contain index files or aren't protected by an htaccess file now have their contents visible simply by starting at anime-beta.com. I was able to sift through a few folders just by clicking around. Not exactly a good situation, either. X|
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Got the bug too and saw two weirdos EXE files, what are EXE doing on Phpbb, possible Trojans ?
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I don't know. Since it's slower these days, I normally just type in "www.an" and select :"www.anime-beta.com" from the drop down list. That way I can instantly see the two or three topics that have updated in the last twelve hours or so. Lol :D

No problems there. I see what you mean though. It looks weird.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Yep it's being looked into. Definitely not a good thing. And apparently there are posts disappearing so not sure if that's all related somehow. X| Magician is on the case however. :)
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Goldknight wrote:Yep it's being looked into. Definitely not a good thing. And apparently there are posts disappearing so not sure if that's all related somehow. X| Magician is on the case however. :)
Ouch! Good to know, GK :).
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I always miss the fun. :^^: I've been having lots of internet issues at home lately so I didn't even know beta was having a problem. Magician rocks as always! 8)
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!