Ghost Anime-Beta???

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Ghost Anime-Beta???

Post by D123 »

JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: Ghost Anime-Beta???

Post by JWR »

I believe that is the last version in which the host company locked up in an attempt to force beta to purchase space in a dedicated server. That was met by Magician by moving the site to a new host that will treat us better and his hard work converting the site to a newer updated version.

Guess they unlocked it in hopes we would come back but that train has left the station. 'roll
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I wonder if we can get them to delete it?
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

I hope older/new members who aren’t aware of the change get confused about this :?
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

It's interesting you guys found that. If you look, that URL is anime-beta.net instead of .com. That's my emergency "spare" URL that I keep just in case I need to have dual beta's up. What you were seeing was the literal rebuild of the old site after the last host threw a bitch and shut us down. I had to rebuild it here just as it was before I could migrate it into the new code and I just never took it down. It's literally been years since I had the production "beta" living on the .net URL so it surprised me a bit that you found it. I'm keeping that old build running until I figure out how to get Cloud's personality moved into a new UI. I'm not going to sacrifice him to pissy hosts who can't manage server resources.

Anyway I've locked access to it. I may put up a redirect to .com just to cover anyone who may have been using that link.
Good find!!!

-M
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
JWR

Post by JWR »

Not that hard to find, it comes up #4 on an IGoogle search

Anime-beta.com

►Anime-Beta | Facebook
www.facebook.com/pages/Anime-Beta/171543386222938 - CachedAnime-Beta - Description: Welcome to the Anime-Beta Facebook Group. A Group for Animation Cel Collectors. You will find areas to discuss cels, auctions, ...

Anime Smash Beta - Gamebrew.com
www.gamebrew.com/game/anime-smash/play - CachedSimilar

Apr 12, 2009 – Play Anime Smash Beta game by Gamebrew.com, Fight with girly versions of your favorite anime!
Anime-Beta

www.anime-beta.net/ - CachedIndex of / .ftpquota · cgi-bin/ · phpBB/
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

I found it on yahoo, first result in the search "anime-beta" I don't use yahoo's search much either only google
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I think I'd like to play "Smash Anime Beta" and fight girly versions of people who collect my favorite anime.

Wait ... that was what Cloud was all about! Any estimate for his/her/its return?