Don't Let Your PM Mailbox Fill to 100%

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Don't Let Your PM Mailbox Fill to 100%

Post by sensei »

The 2013 Cel Contest bunch, who are an amiable, chatty sort that love to send each other PMs, are finding out that if you let your PM Inbox fill up to 100%, whimsical things happen.

The most irritating is that (I gather) when the box fills, you no longer get emails or popups that tell you that you have a new message. So one person could be trying to raise you urgently to tell you that your Rubberslug gallery is on fire and you could be blissfully unaware.

Also (apparently) when the mailbox fills up, it accepts new messages but makes room by quietly deleting old ones. You can avoid this by moving the ones you want to keep to "Saved Messages."

This might explain why certain PMs I've sent in the past did not get answered, or were answered more than a year afterwards.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: Don't Let Your PM Mailbox Fill to 100%

Post by zerospace »

Just to add: if you click on the "rules, folders and settings" link inside your PM box (to the left), you can select your inbox's behavior when it gets full. One option is to not accept new messages, and another is to move messages to the "saved messages" folder, and the last option is to delete old messages. ;) I would suggest if this is a problem, that you go check your settings. It seems the default is simply not to accept new messages.

You may also create new message folders (I've created one for all messages for this year's awards). ;)
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

It'd be nice if the PM limit could be raised. 100 is really a quite tiny number.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Killua wrote:It'd be nice if the PM limit could be raised. 100 is really a quite tiny number.
Add folders -- each is permitted 100 messages. ;)
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

zerospace wrote:
Killua wrote:It'd be nice if the PM limit could be raised. 100 is really a quite tiny number.
ooOOoo :bow :bow :bow
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Wow, I didn't even know you could do that. Thanks Zerospace! And here I was saving my PMs every month or two. :D
sensei

Post by sensei »

Maybe this ought to be stickied, at least in this folder. I know how to customize most mail environments in this way, but the Beta PM page isn't as intuitive in showing how to do this. Like many, I presumed that the default folders were all we had to work with.

Maybe a more visible "Create New Folder" command as part of the "Move Message" menu?
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

sensei wrote:Maybe this ought to be stickied, at least in this folder. I know how to customize most mail environments in this way, but the Beta PM page isn't as intuitive in showing how to do this. Like many, I presumed that the default folders were all we had to work with.

Maybe a more visible "Create New Folder" command as part of the "Move Message" menu?
That would be dictated by Beta's board software, which is phpBB (a free, open source forum software project that's been around for quite awhile) -- I know Magician has modified it and all in the past, but probably not to that extent.

I just happened to discover the folder thing by accident when tooling around inside the "user control panel" area :cheers. Once you add a folder, an option to move messages to that folder becomes available on the drop down menus throughout your PM area.
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

zerospace wrote:
Jeeeeeez. Even I didn't know that! LOL! Great topic, guys. Stickied!

~ DW
Lain
Anime Geek

Post by Lain »

Sensei- I know i am a snail around here on Beta :o but today i was clicking through the different forums and i just luv your posts :)
But this one is so much fun.
I am giggling having to cover my mouth :P
My inbox is like so tiny you can echo
Helllloo omggggg! 8)
My Serial Experiments Lain Page.
I am slowly getting around to adding my lain merchandise to my flickr page and lain cel's (^.^) i own 1
And say hi to my mod happy eggy bunny :)
http://animelife.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://www.flickr.com/photos/serial_experiments_lain/ Image
sensei

Post by sensei »

Thanks for the good words, lain. Volunteer to help in the next cel or sketch contest, or put your name in for the next open house and you'll see that PM inbox fill up like magic!
Lain
Anime Geek

Post by Lain »

sensei wrote:Thanks for the good words, lain. Volunteer to help in the next cel or sketch contest, or put your name in for the next open house and you'll see that PM inbox fill up like magic!
8) little Me?
So kool i have never been asked to help in a forum contest.
And i would luv to see my inbox magically get all crazy :P hehe
But sensei i tend to lose track of time and i would probably muck up!
My little mod Eggy the bunny
Bunnygif-1.gif
Bunnygif-1.gif (441 Bytes) Viewed 2579 times
and my navi have a mind of there own :wink:
:bow But i think you are the best!
Because you look out for us new ones here to the Anime cel world!
yay!
My Serial Experiments Lain Page.
I am slowly getting around to adding my lain merchandise to my flickr page and lain cel's (^.^) i own 1
And say hi to my mod happy eggy bunny :)
http://animelife.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://www.flickr.com/photos/serial_experiments_lain/ Image