Problem with "Last Post" Feature

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

I just changed the cookie, changed the session length, and changed the timestamp on all the major php files including the login file, new post file, private message file.....etc. The new timestamps should force all your browsers to use "fresh" files instead of files cached on your computers.

Changing the cookie will have the effect of logging everyone who was on the board out, and will force everyone who had checked the "remember me" function to have to set it again.

If this works, I am going to say that the problem most likely lies in your browsers using old cached files saved on your PCs rather than pulling the files from the server. Let me know what happens.

And the default skin did change. I thought since there are 12 skins, I would change the default every month.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

I just tried loging in ("remember me" button ticked), closing the browser, and then coming back onto Beta a couple times. Unfortunately it dosent remember me and I have to log in each time. I wasnt able to check the recent posts function as there were no recent posts. The thing is that before today I have had no trouble with the remember me log in function. Hope that helps ^_^

Pomidor
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

Just as a follow up, I noticed that the "most recent post" feature always shows a zero in the brackets.

Pomidor
Echo
Senpai - Elder
Location: The tractor ridin', beer totin', shotgun firin' capital of the world..

Post by Echo »

I'm also having a lot of trouble logging in. Since yesterday morning, once I close my browser window, I have to keep logging in, even when I click the remember me feature. Also, sometimes I have to log in a couple times for it to even work.. at times I'll attempt to log in and it won't allow me to do so (no error message, just after I click ok it sends me back to the default page :? ). I've cleaned out my internet cache as well as my cookies and it doesn't seem to help.
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

The last post feature seems to work for me now. What ever changes that were made since last Friday seem to work fine with OSX and the Safari browser now.
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

rallihir wrote:The last post feature seems to work for me now. What ever changes that were made since last Friday seem to work fine with OSX and the Safari browser now.
hmm... odd... I run XP pro and Explorer and neither login remember nor the last post works for me. Im not sure but check Magicians post at the top of the page, it might be that you have a problem with your browser like he describes.

Pomidor