Would this be hard to do? Don't answer that.

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
soda
Jiggle Counter

Would this be hard to do? Don't answer that.

Post by soda »

Just a quick thought but with the cels.org "recent update" list not working, might this be a time to load something like that to this site? Then I could do most all my cel related stuff at one site. This one!

Just a thought not a request. I'm not computer savvy in such a way as to know about code etc. so I'm certain that it would take a lot of effort. And while I'm on the subject have you ever considered adding more to this site than just a discussion board? Pipe dreams I know, but if there was a way to make a page of dealers (and not just through the links), and a search page like either celga's or rinkya's too that would really make my cel shopping a lot easier. Not a request.. just thinking out loud. I love this site and wonder about it's potential to become more than just a discussion board. It could be a one stop cel shop. Okay, not a shop but site didn't rhyme.
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

Actually I was recently wondering how the keep track on cels.org worked. I woudl assume its a case that the dealers fill in some form or write an email to cels.org and a post on that table is automaticaly made. If this is the case I suppose it could be done anywhere, but I guess the problem woudl be to get the dealers to actually send the update info to the new keep track list here.

Pomidor
hanaeleh
Senpai - Elder

Post by hanaeleh »

Actually, if there could be an update wherein only *I* would be able to see newly updated Kenshin cels, that would be great, too. :D

I don't know how the code would work for that... oh, well... nevermind. :P
"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Cels for Sale!!
http://www.hanaeleh.com/cels/celgallery.html
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

Yann posted something about how it worked a long while back. He coded something to search for recently updated information on cel dealers websites ... now, how it works is way beyond anything I'd ever have a hope of understanding. :P

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I get it. ^______^
yay bday yay

Hope you coded something to search for recently updated information on cel dealers websites.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
magician
Ghost in the machine
Ghost in the machine

Post by magician »

I have room on the portal page for some kind of a recent update block, I would jusf have to figure out what sites to get updates from, and how to code it. I can probably sort the code out, but you guys would have to tell me what sites to watch for updates. I make no promises, but it is something that could probably be done.

I am planning to add an album mod to Beta in the future, but not until I finish some other projects first. I am working on another forum as the main code modder and I am going to finish that site before I start on anything new here. I also have subWork to finish, and some other little spring cleaning to do here. The album hack will allow images to be uploaded here in a mini gallery of sorts.

I've never looked at Celga or rinkya's sites, so I know nothing about the search feature, but I will go check it out and see what they are all about. I hadn't thought of expanding much beyond a message board here for a few reasons, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. I'm always open to suggestions and requests.

-M
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.