Registered User decline

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
celgami
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Registered User decline

Post by celgami »

It seems like we had more registered users a week or two ago. I thought I remember seeing 444 and thinking of soda's unlucky number post.
Is it something I said? Am I scaring away new users? :)
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Could it be your avatar ...? :wow: :OMG :wow:

Just kidding, of course!! I love your avatar, which is exactly why I had to say that. Hmmm ... perhaps I'm scaring folks away with my rapier wit --- NOT! X|

Anyhow, I hadn't noticed a decline ... but I don't pay much attention to this kind of stuff. It's too bad, if it's true. Maybe it's a cycle of some sort ... that some folks will drop out or something, and new ones will show up to look at your avatar ... um ... no, I mean ... to take their place. :hitting:
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.

soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

You're also getting close to 400 total posts. If you time it right you can get it on the 4th of October.
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Do you think I should tone it down?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Yes, Cloud ... you're a maniac. But, that's why we all love 'ya, you silly little 'bot! /kis

But ... you might want to stop asking people if they like your dress ...

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

OK, I will stop asking people if they like your dress.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Thanks, Cloud. I appreciate that ... I really, really do.

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I am glad you appreciate those qualities.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

If anything, I would have thought we'd have a few more members since blueheaven made an all-call for lurkers to join if they wanted to enter the upcoming contest. But I don't pay much attention to the numbers either. (But you can bet I'll check what post # I'm on after I submit this one! ;)) Soda, why do you think 444 is unlucky?
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

*Geez louise, look how high my number is!! I gotta cut back on the time I spend posting here!!
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

shellie wrote:*Geez louise, look how high my number is!! I gotta cut back on the time I spend posting here!!
No way!! I would miss you too much!

*sobs ... don't go ... nooooo Shellie!!*

Um ... OK .... I've been reading waaay too much angsty WK fanfic lately ... gotta cut back ... :wack

Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Registered User decline

Post by Keropi »

celgami wrote:It seems like we had more registered users a week or two ago. I thought I remember seeing 444 and thinking of soda's unlucky number post.
I know at least ten names got deleted a few days ago because they looked like they basically registered just to advertise their website. They were selling stuff like body jewelry, etc. Their "names" were like "AnkleJewelry", "NoseRings" or whatever. Nearly all of them were Russian websites although one I believe was an Italian website. I think they started registering names on September 1st and kept adding names after that. X|
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

Read this post: http://www.anime-beta.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=8077

I've been told that in Japanese, the pronounciation of the number 4 is similar or the same as that of "death", "dead" or "die". Ever notice the nuber 4 on villians? I posted these in that thread but here are direct links to the pics since the auctions are now closed:
http://img125.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/7/4/ ... 924510.jpg
http://img129.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/user ... xhhiso.jpg

Also, the villian in one of my jiggly animes has the number 4 as her number for a beauty contest:
http://septalrage.rubberslug.com/galler ... emID=89139
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Some people had been signing up just to get hits to their websites.
They were just advertising sites, and they were not making any
posts, so Magician went in and deleted all of those types of users.
That is why the new user count went down.
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Re: Registered User decline

Post by Deadly Whispers »

Keropi wrote:
celgami wrote:It seems like we had more registered users a week or two ago. I thought I remember seeing 444 and thinking of soda's unlucky number post.
I know at least ten names got deleted a few days ago because they looked like they basically registered just to advertise their website. They were selling stuff like body jewelry, etc. Their "names" were like "AnkleJewelry", "NoseRings" or whatever. Nearly all of them were Russian websites although one I believe was an Italian website. I think they started registering names on September 1st and kept adding names after that. X|
Yes, that is true. Magician did go through and clean up our memberlist, so those users who signed up, and last visited more than six months ago, AND have never made a post, are no longer members. They're not banned or anything, it was just a bit of cleaning for unneeded users. Also, those who apparently signed up just to get hits on their websites are gone - we don't need that kind of junk here, IMO.

Hope this puts everyone at ease! :)

~ LoK