Registered User decline

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Hooray for Magician! You are so right, LoK and Pudge, we don't need that kind of junk around. There's enough spam everywhere else, thank you very much! Glad I can come here to get away from it :)

And, soda, that was very interesting about the 4's. Never noticed that before. I always kinda liked the number 4 -- nice round number, I thought! (Still do. Not a very superstitious person. ;))

And dearest tex, thank you for believing you'd miss me if I was gone! I stayed away a whole 3 hours after I realized how many posts I had!! heehee! I truly do need to scale back the amount of time I spend on the computer, period. Since I'm home most days, it's just too tempting not to jump on-line when I know all you interesting people are here! So curse you all for my problem!! If you weren't so darn much fun, I wouldn't spend so much time here!!! ;)
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

shellie wrote: Hooray for Magician! You are so right, LoK and Pudge, we don't need that kind of junk around. There's enough spam everywhere else, thank you very much! Glad I can come here to get away from it :)
Ditto from this neck of the woods. It's nice to go someplace where needless spam is kept in check. You guys are tops!!
shellie wrote:And, soda, that was very interesting about the 4's. Never noticed that before. I always kinda liked the number 4 -- nice round number, I thought! (Still do. Not a very superstitious person. ;))
:topic OK ... so I have a kind of funny story about the whole number thing, except it's the number 3. My hubby is Vietnamese, and, apparently, in Vietnamese culture, 3 is an unlucky number. At our wedding, each time my mother-in-law saw only three people posing for a photo, she would run toward the photographer and group posing, yelling: "Three! Bad! Death!!" I thought we were going to have to pay our photographer extra --- you know, sort of like "hazard pay". As it was, he was pretty darn jumpy by the end of the day. Yes, truth often is much stranger than fiction --- or is that just in my world? :wack
shellie wrote:And dearest tex, thank you for believing you'd miss me if I was gone! I stayed away a whole 3 hours after I realized how many posts I had!! heehee! I truly do need to scale back the amount of time I spend on the computer, period. Since I'm home most days, it's just too tempting not to jump on-line when I know all you interesting people are here! So curse you all for my problem!! If you weren't so darn much fun, I wouldn't spend so much time here!!! ;)
Heh, heh ... I know just what you mean, Shellie! I love cruising around on here, chatting with everyone. I'm home most days, too ... so it's the only interaction I get (well, non-toddler interaction, that is). Hmmm ... come to think of it, my post count is probably a bit high, considering I haven't been around here that long.

*raises hand, shuffles feet in embarassment* Hello, my name is tex-chan, and I'm a Beta-aholic! /...
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.

hanaeleh
Senpai - Elder

Post by hanaeleh »

In the U.S. we skip level 13 in buildings and go straight from 12 to 14... do they skip level 4 in Japan (or 3 in Vietnam)?
"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Cels for Sale!!
http://www.hanaeleh.com/cels/celgallery.html
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

tex-chan wrote: , she would run toward the photographer and group posing, yelling: "Three! Bad! Death!!" I thought we were going to have to pay our photographer extra --- you know, sort of like "hazard pay". .
That is SOOOO funny! I can just picture it!
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

hanaeleh wrote:In the U.S. we skip level 13 in buildings and go straight from 12 to 14... do they skip level 4 in Japan (or 3 in Vietnam)?
I don't know about that ... but my mother-in-law doesn't like the number 13, either ... When my husband lived in Houston, his parking space was number 13. He tried to get assigned a different number because he didn't want to hear about it constantly from his mom --- you know, that it was unlucky, blah, blah, blah. They couldn't reassign him b/c all the spaces were taken, so he taped an index card over the 1 ... 8O I asked him: "Isn't she going to know you did that because it's a 13?" To which he replied .... "Yeah, but that's OK ... just so long as she can't see the 13."

I'll never figure this out ... sigh ... :puzzled

shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Maybe I'm just mean (shellie --> :evil: ), but when I find someone is completely overtaken with superstitions, I do "unlucky" things on purpose just to make them go crazy. Love black cats, walk under ladders, enjoy my Friday the 13ths, etc. Both my parents were born on the 13th (mom on a Friday the 13th) so I've always considered it quite lucky really, if you're into luck and superstition, which (obviously) I'm not. :) And I'm easily confused, so I'm the one growling when a floor is missing in a tall building! Give me back my 13th floor!! ;) heehee!
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

shellie wrote:Maybe I'm just mean (shellie --> :evil: ), but when I find someone is completely overtaken with superstitions, I do "unlucky" things on purpose just to make them go crazy. Love black cats, walk under ladders, enjoy my Friday the 13ths, etc. Both my parents were born on the 13th (mom on a Friday the 13th) so I've always considered it quite lucky really, if you're into luck and superstition, which (obviously) I'm not. :) And I'm easily confused, so I'm the one growling when a floor is missing in a tall building! Give me back my 13th floor!! ;) heehee!
LOL --- no wonder we get along so well ... we're passive-aggressive kindred spirits! I'm like that, too. I'm totally not into superstitions, etc ... and, luckily, neither is my hubby.

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Not many people say both.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

I just noticed another. Take a look at thrance's avatar:
http://www.anime-beta.net/phpBB/profile ... file&u=338

I don't know much about that character, Stanley Tweedle, so I wonder if anyone that regularly watches Lexx could give us some insight as to why he wears the number 4, besides the fact that it is his security class. I've seen a few minutes of the show and in those minutes, he wasn't doing anything good.
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Only just? Please be more specific.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
naria
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by naria »

I thought it was just me when I saw there were a lot of new registered users and now it dropped down. I didn't even click on their names, I had no idea they were just advertising.
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

i think i missed all the extra names that were in the list. dunno.
skorp
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by skorp »

hanaeleh wrote:In the U.S. we skip level 13 in buildings and go straight from 12 to 14... do they skip level 4 in Japan (or 3 in Vietnam)?
I heard somewhere (don't remember where, and I don't have any way to verify that it's true) that some hotels in Las Vegas skip floors 40-49 just as a way to attract more Japanese guests.
"It's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese, and you're the lemon merchant, get it? And he knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us!" -- Ren Hoek

My cel gallery is at http://home.earthlink.net/~skorp/celgal.html