Adding People to Ignore List

Ideas, gripes, suggestions, questions - Talk about Anime-Beta in general!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Adding People to Ignore List

Post by Keropi »

In case I ever need to use the "Ignore this User" function, how does this function work? I notice when you click it it says "Are you sure you want to do this?" and "Contact Management".

Does this mean that the Admins have to do something manually or is the process all automatic?
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

You should ask Soda...he put me on his ignore list, he should know :^^: :wink:
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

I'm a grumpy, bitter, angry old man (for good reason) and therefore, I have more than a few people on my ignore list. Just click the ignore smilie under their avatar and it will add them to your list that is stored in the system, automatically. When viewing posts, theirs will be omitted and you'll never know they even posted. The exception is if they are the last poster in the thread and then it will show their s/n in the column that displays the s/n of the last poster. So I'm aware that Unede posted above me but I can't see her post. At the top of each post; however, it does notify you if there are missing posts and gives you a link to press if you ever want to see what those people on your ignore list said. Obviously, you'll know who that person is if you only have one on your ignore list but if you have more than one, you'll never know. I'm not certain though if the person that you added to your list is aware that you did so. I know that if you put someone on your buddy list they get a PM informing them that they're on your buddy list but I dont' know if the same happens when you put someone on your ignore list. I wish more would add me to theirs.
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
hanaeleh
Senpai - Elder

Post by hanaeleh »

I am aware that soda made a post, but.... :wink:
"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Cels for Sale!!
http://www.hanaeleh.com/cels/celgallery.html
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Thanks for the explanation Soda.

Gee...I wasn't aware that so many Beta members were using the Ignore function. lol :D
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

Okay, color me stupid. :P Before now, I had absolutely NO IDEA what those smilies under the avatar were.

Not that I'll need them... Even if I detest someone, I've yet to ever use an "ignore" list. I figure even someone I detest might once in a while have something to say that I don't want to miss. :^^:

Would it make you happy if I christened my ignore list with you, Soda? (*joking grin*)

Many Sharp Smiles,
--Drac
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I would definitely use the Ignore function if it was a feature over at Animanger (if you had to login to post there that is). I can think of at least two people over there that I would use it on. :D

But overall I've only used the Ignore function on one person at AnimeOnDVD and on the same person over at AnimeSuki. I don't intend on using it very much.
Marauder
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Marauder »

And what about posts that an ignored person starts? Are those still visible?
Herbert West
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Herbert West »

More usefull would be a function to ignore these rpg things on the left and signatures, no more endless scrolling to view the actual content in the postings.
celgami

Post by celgami »

hanaeleh wrote:I am aware that soda made a post, but.... :wink:
You are hilarious!

I wasn't aware of the ignore feature before...not that I'd use it. *insert shifty-eyed emoticon here*
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

hanaeleh wrote:I am aware that soda made a post, but.... :wink:
:rollin
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

lol, I didn't know what those smilies were for either till now. I learned something new today! :P So far I don't have anyone for my ignore list, same for my buddy list. :^^:
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Right now? I am glad you find this funny. So I taught you something new. Ah. Does everyone learn something new?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Marauder wrote:And what about posts that an ignored person starts? Are those still visible?
If an ignored person begins a new thread and they are the only one that has yet posted in the thread, you can't see the thread at all until someone else posts in it. I know because I just experiemented by putting Menator on my ignore list just to see how his posts looked like in the General Cel Discussion above. :D
Remi

Post by Remi »

More usefull would be a function to ignore these rpg things on the left and signatures, no more endless scrolling to view the actual content in the postings.
Hmm, I'm gonna agree with this. I never thought about the RPG thing although now that I think about it, I'd be all for a way to make them go away. I do have to say I would love a way to turn off signatures. I have come very close to putting several people I have nothing at all against on ignore simply because they post extensively and their signature sizes are large enough that my loading times are actually affected on a cable modem.

I was actually considering starting another topic asking if we could limit signature size, but I didn't because I don't really want to impact other people's preference for a large signature just because I have trouble with them. It would be much easier if there was some feature to turn off signatures.
Namaste

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ~Herm Albright