Important SM Sailor Aluminum Siren and other Cels

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Important SM Sailor Aluminum Siren and other Cels

Post by D123 »

Was wondering if anyone here won this cel? It went for an unusually high price... I had an ex who said he was a psychopath when we last spoke that he wanted to burn cels that I might get hacked and even have my gallery deleted I had been watching this auction that I liked and it was unusual to me... I've been worried about artwork in the past too in the last year or two now... been wondering about a lot of art now if it went to collectors not someone who wants to destroy them.... I found out too late he was a really crazy person

https://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/i ... dex=705752

I had finally got to watch Sailor Stars and was liking the characters I had been waiting for the last season to come out uncut and dubbed I think they did an awesome job
lunacels
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: Important SM Sailor Aluminum Siren and other Cels

Post by lunacels »

It’s a gorgeous cel of Siren and hopefully someone from here got it. I thought about bidding, but I have another from this sequence and bowed out once it got about 50% of the final bid. I did get the Tin Nyanko though, which was my main target on this round.

Hard to believe that anyone would intentionally destroy cels, as that is really just lighting money on fire!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I bid on the cel but didn't win it. I did my usual 'casting of my max bid and sleeping through the end' that I usually do. I usually figure that if someone outbids me, they must want that far more than I. I've been cringing at the prices of some of the Small Lady cels on Yahoo Japan lately and realizing that I couldn't afford a SM cel collection if I were to start today.

I doubt if your ex bought that particular cel (or any cel) and chose to burn it. People who say things like this do so as a form of manipulation by hurting through the things that you value and using these threats as a form of control. I say this as someone who has dealt with a father who suffers from Narcissist Personality Disorder and dealt with these threats my entire childhood.
lunacels
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by lunacels »

CB, word on those Small Lady cels! It’s insane!

I’m sorry you went through that with your father, too. I had a boss with NPD who crafted a toxic workplace and ran our company into the ground, and that was bad enough. I was so glad to get out of there! I can’t imagine having to deal with it with family. Wish we all knew each other and could share stories over some adult beverages!

But back to the topic, it appears the person who won the Siren really cherishes it, so that’s always good to see! In the meantime, I sure wish applesymphony would take some more conservative pricing measures on YJ…whew!
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

cutiebunny wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:04 pm I doubt if your ex bought that particular cel (or any cel) and chose to burn it. People who say things like this do so as a form of manipulation by hurting through the things that you value and using these threats as a form of control. I say this as someone who has dealt with a father who suffers from Narcissist Personality Disorder and dealt with these threats my entire childhood.
Yeah to that I'm sorry both of you had to go through that...

It is really just lighting money on fire yes, I hope the person that won cherishes it.. and not what I posted. Thank you cutiebunny and lunacels <3 <3 <3
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Thank you both. No worries. Years of therapy have worked wonders.

Silly idea but, I'll be at Otakon this year. Was thinking of seeing if anyone else is possibly going or in the area. Would love to have a Slugfest East (I miss Slugfests..just not Anime Expo). I will bring Japanese Kit Kats...the good ones, not the meh green tea ones. Have you ever tried the yuzu sake Kit Kats?! To. Die. For.