Anyone interested in splitting the Naruto Hanken Genga???

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

e
Last edited by Shampoo on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

What did Mandrake buy them for? Lets guess $500 USD.
Actually, it is funny you should mention it. If you read in the buyer beware section that I posted about Mandarake, the sale rep told me that if an item was worth that much, then the starting bid would have been that much (this was in reference to an auction that started at 4000 yen and ended for 90100 yen). So, the hanken sketches started at 6000 yen meaning, "if it was worth that much, then they would have started it for that much". So, they paid less than $54.00 for those sketches. That is what Megumi told me in her e-mail. If anyone is interested, I can forward you the original e-mail that confirms this.
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Re: Naruto Hanken

Post by Moop »

menator wrote:I would assume Studio Pierrot is not the only studio that uses holed paper.
Yes, animation studios have massive amounts of holed paper lying around to doodle on. However... mangas are not produced at animation studios. :wink: I'm with Shampoo and SP on this one. I hope for the winner's sake that they're the real deal, but there are just too many questions and no solid answers.
menator
Otaku - Fanatic

Mandrake Buy Prices

Post by menator »

I wonder if that is true. Some of those Mandrake items start pretty low. hehe Maybe the Mandrake person was trying to find an excuse, then again, some Mandrake items start higher too, like 40,000 yen or more.

In my experience selling extras and what not on EBay, my items usually sold better with a lower starting bid, than starting the bid high.

Well, we could test it, have anything you want to sell to Mandrake? ^_^

I read what you wrote in the Buyer Beware section. That is really too bad. I have purchased many items from Mandrake over the last couple years, and have never had a poor transaction. I have alway been happy with the products. But like you, I would have been very disappointed with what you received.
menator
Otaku - Fanatic

Registration Holes

Post by menator »

I was just looking at the Naruto section on this board to read all the manga gossip, hehe. and found a message about hanken genga for sale on Mandrake. I looked at the Mandrake link and it was of Sasuke. One of the pictures has registration holes (picture 2), is this fake also? It is not a very rough sketch, looks pretty nice to me.

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 5050100001
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

I think you may have missed the point. A lot of hanken have registration holes, because they are studio produced. (And by the way, if you look at Shampoo's gallery, her own set that she was refering to appears to be the set that you just linked.) Manga cover hanken should not, because they are not studio produced.
Marauder
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Marauder »

star-phoenix wrote:
What did Mandrake buy them for? Lets guess $500 USD.
Actually, it is funny you should mention it. If you read in the buyer beware section that I posted about Mandarake, the sale rep told me that if an item was worth that much, then the starting bid would have been that much (this was in reference to an auction that started at 4000 yen and ended for 90100 yen). So, the hanken sketches started at 6000 yen meaning, "if it was worth that much, then they would have started it for that much". So, they paid less than $54.00 for those sketches. That is what Megumi told me in her e-mail. If anyone is interested, I can forward you the original e-mail that confirms this.
Maybe they started at 6000 yen, but that is no indication of what they're worth--regardless of what an employee at Mandarake said. Plenty of items start of Mandarake for a very low price compared to what they're worth. I would not guess that they paid a certain amount just based on the starting price.
menator
Otaku - Fanatic

Studio Paper

Post by menator »

> >Manga cover hanken should not, because they are not studio produced.

Where is it written that all hanken producing studios never use holed paper on rough sketches? I don't believe you can back that up with any substantial factual information. I of course cannot prove the opposite either. Absolutes are generally false.
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

Argh!!! Mangas and their artwork are released by publishing companies, as in: companies that produce printed material for the masses, e.g., BOOKS. Publishing companies do not use holed paper. How do I know this? Well, aside from the fact that holed paper is an animation device, I worked at a publishing company for two years, and nary a single piece of holed paper crossed my desk. Holed paper is used by animation studios.