Mandarake Big Web Auction (Zenbu No. 26)

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Mandarake Big Web Auction (Zenbu No. 26)

Post by Keropi »

Okay so who's buying a catalog this time? :D

I'm going to have to think about whether I'll be buying one this time. They had nothing at all that interested me in the last Zenbu. :(
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

I hope Kenshin cels ganna be on the auction :D :D
Cats rule!
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

Just got the email also. Im not buying the catalogue... because I wont be home during the auction, so I wouldnt be able to recieve the catologue either. But even if I was I probably wouldnt buy it either... for the past 4 or so Big Web Auctions, there has not been anything I was that keen on. So I will just wait until the pictures are up online and then decide if I want to bid at all.

Speaking of which dont they usually show a couple thumbs of cels here: http://www.mandarake.co.jp/english/publish/zenbu_26/ ?

SmacznyPomidor
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Pomidor wrote: Speaking of which dont they usually show a couple thumbs of cels here: http://www.mandarake.co.jp/english/publish/zenbu_26/ ?
They probably will post some preview pics. But the reason for getting the Zenbu is to know how much money you might want to put aside for the Big Web Auction. I haven't spent much money on YJ auctions lately, but then again I haven't been making much money from my job. :(

I hope they have some good Elf Kakyuusei, Doukyuusei 1/2 and To Heart cels this time. I hope there's more water in that well. :)
Kujaku
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Kujaku »

Yeah, except for a few items, the last one was a flopper. I hope they have some nice stuff this time.

For the people that do buy the catalogs, I'm apologizing ahead of time, but I think it is a waste of money. *ducking just in case someone throws something at me*

Is it just me or do some of the people on Mandarake bid way too high?

Kujaku
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Kujaku wrote:Is it just me or do some of the people on Mandarake bid way too high?
It wouldn't be a Mandarake Big Web Auction without the insane bids that happen over there. It's like a tradition or something.

For me though there aren't many places left for me to get the types of cels I want and the Mandarake Big Web Auction is one of them. Only about five decent cel sources left for me. It's getting lonely out here. :l
Marauder

Post by Marauder »

I think the bids tend to go higher than their regular auctions because more bidders can participate. They sure do make a killing on some items... :D

I'm excited though! I just hope they have more Evangelion cels than last time (though the ones they had were amazing). I'm also waiting for them to come up with a bunch of DBZ hankens like that one MBWA a year or two ago...
yukineko
Kamisama - God

Post by yukineko »

While the Big Web Auction always has a bunch of drool-worthy Lupin cels, my pockets just aren't deep enough to compete with Japanese collectors. :) You can bet your sweet bippy that I'll at least scan the auctions once they're up and whine about how I wish I were rich. That's my Big Web Auction tradition!
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

yukineko wrote:While the Big Web Auction always has a bunch of drool-worthy Lupin cels, my pockets just aren't deep enough to compete with Japanese collectors. :)
Actually I belive that most of the cel bidders on the Big Web Auction are actually non-japanese. Anyway regardless where they are from, as several people have already pointed out, the bidding on Big Web Auctions tends to be rather insane. The reason I said that I rarely find anything interested in the Big Web Auction is because any decent cel ends up very overpriced... soooo.. I would only consider seriously bidding (ie winning, lol) on a cel that was amazing and one I *must have*..... and that just happens so rarely.

SmacznyPomidor
Kujaku

Post by Kujaku »

yukineko wrote:While the Big Web Auction always has a bunch of drool-worthy Lupin cels, my pockets just aren't deep enough to compete with Japanese collectors. :) You can bet your sweet bippy that I'll at least scan the auctions once they're up and whine about how I wish I were rich. That's my Big Web Auction tradition!

LOL, that's hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it after finding out that Baakay and company keep beating everyone out on cool kenshin cels majority of the time.

Kujaku
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

I'll be getting the catalogue. :) I'll try to let you know what's in it. :)
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

If there are any Yugioh sketches/cels in this big web auction, whoever knows, please say so! :)

I think this will become my tradition for Mandarake's big web auction...Always asking if Yugioh is in it :P
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

I'm trying to figure out what this is... so from what I can imagine, it is some sort of auction for a short period of time? But if they show images online of the items, then what is the catalog for?

Ponder on this, I shall.

Ask questions from wiser ones, I did.

Awaiting 411, I am.

>.< Sorry, in a Yoda mood this morning, usually occurs after a whole day of meetings.
Click here if you agree with InuYasha.
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Kujaku wrote:
yukineko wrote: You can bet your sweet bippy
Wow.... my sweet bippy hasn't been around since the flying fickle finger of fate last came past my door!! :hippy
Kujaku wrote: LOL, that's hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it after finding out that Baakay and company keep beating everyone out on cool kenshin cels majority of the time.
Gak.

I've lost more gorgeous Kenshin cels than I've won... I would have easily slain for one of those hanken cels from the last Big Auction but pockets aren't really all that deep.

And. *ahem* At least two of the last Kenshin auctions that were won under my name were immediately pried from my greedy fingers by that wide-eyed, innocent, pleading look on the face of the little lady with the big sharp katana... :P
Kujaku

Post by Kujaku »

Baakay wrote:
Kujaku wrote:
yukineko wrote: And. *ahem* At least two of the last Kenshin auctions that were won under my name were immediately pried from my greedy fingers by that wide-eyed, innocent, pleading look on the face of the little lady with the big sharp katana... :P
I can't do the "pleading look" very well, but I got 2 adorable little girls, the same ages as your daughters, who do them like Pros!!! As for the Katana part...Ugh.........not into sharp objects.

Let me know if you need help carrying any Kenshin Cels........I swear I won't off with them :crossbones

Kujaku