I'm trying to understand....really....but just don't get it

Auctions on MSN and Mandarake
Goldknight
RULER

I'm trying to understand....really....but just don't get it

Post by Goldknight »

"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

.... i agree ..... :puzzled

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi
MDKiller1
Senpai - Elder

Post by MDKiller1 »

I saw that alittle while ago..and I was wondering the same thing
"Look what I'm offering you-- your dreams I ask for so little. Just let me rule you, and you can have everything that you want. Just fear me, Love me, Do as I say, and I will be your slave"
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

that... is.. nuts........ :puzzled :cucu

Didnt the production art finally pop up from this
series a few weeks ago on Mandy as well? /bo
I think it went for less than that didnt it? Or am I wrong? /hmm
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

From what I can tell this auction is for 77 sheets of originals not copies.

Must be the persons favorite show to get into a bidding war or a person who thinks they can turn them for a profit selling them individually.

Would not be surprised to see them pop up in YJ or Ebay later as single sheets.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
lys
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by lys »

Jebus! Copies for 1k? :flushie
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

JWR wrote:...or a person who thinks they can turn them for a profit selling them individually.

Would not be surprised to see them pop up in YJ or Ebay later as single sheets.
Anime-haven did that w/ 2 Hack.sign genga auctions ... :flipa
Grrrrrrrrrrr!! :redhot
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

I get it. Art from Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny is few and far between. And those are really really lovely. That price is indeed insane, but I'm not surprised since single sheets go at ridiculous levels. If I were rich instead of beautiful.... *snickersnicker* ;)
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

So some of y'all say copies and others say originals. The title of the auction says copies. Am I missing something? Why are copies going that high? It reminds me of an old FMA auction on Mandy for copies before artwork came out. :roll:
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

I think you're right, GK... I think they're copies. But I'm still waiting for some originals from the series BEFORE this one to come out, and they just aren't appearing. In almost of year of looking, I think I remember seeing only 4 original sketches from Seed. And they were not beautiful images like these copies. So I guess if you like Seed Destiny enough and if money is not an object to you, this auction would be just the ticket! :)
JWR

Post by JWR »

Goldknight wrote:So some of y'all say copies and others say originals. The title of the auction says copies. Am I missing something? Why are copies going that high? It reminds me of an old FMA auction on Mandy for copies before artwork came out. :roll:
If you look closely on the 1st 2 they have registration holes and are originals. the 3 looks like a copy , Who knows what the other 74 are.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

They are ALL copies! I have some FMA copies that have the registration holes. It's actually easy to tell these are copies. Sorry, JWR. There's no doubt in my mind.

I'm with shellie. I've been looking for a long time and have rarely seen any actual sketches come out. The ones that did weren't that great either. I love this series dearly. (ATHRUN! :love2 ) But I doubt I've ever be able to afford a real sketch.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
RalphVboy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RalphVboy »

I'm going to have to agree with DT here and say they're copies. Lots of copy genga/douga still have the registration holes in 'em, they're just blacked out. If you look at the 2nd photo, at the center hole you can see how much more black it is in contrast to the grey matting they're using. Also the left registration hole has what appears to be some white lines running through it. To me, that's a pretty clear sign of a copy.

I too think the price is pretty darn high for just copies, but hey. If this is all that's available in terms of artwork from this show, I can see the logic behind the price :)

- RalphVboy
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

JWR wrote: Must be the persons favorite show to get into a bidding war or a person who thinks they can turn them for a profit selling them individually.
A bit cynical but I tend to agree on that one.
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
lys
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by lys »

Pretty sure this is the highest I have ever seen "production copies" go for. But I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder :^^: